5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Will 2.5" exhaust connect with 2.25"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 08:51 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Will 2.5" exhaust connect with 2.25"?

not everyone can make their own exhaust.
ORIGINAL: ncksnapper

actually i didnt say he would lose power of course he would gain power from the h pipe i said that it is choking it back down which is not smooth flowing which will not add as much power as the h pipe can add, i dont buy cat backs i make my own exhaust at my shop and it would only cost 150 200 bucks for me to make a custom cat back not 400 bucks, just so you know, and he didnt say before that he is doing dumps thats completely different and yes changing that 1 foot of pipe wich is actually about 2.5 feet total would make a difference, just dont try to argue about exhaust with me cause i know alot more than you think, im not trying to put anyone down im just stating a fact thats all
ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: ncksnapper

just a dumb question, why would you waist your money on a offroad h pipe and use the stock catback which is 2.25? that makes no sense, your opening the exhaust up to breath better than chokin it back down

Not all of us can afford to drop $500 for a new cat-back. I replaced my stock H-pipe with a BBK o/r and the power difference was CLEAR. Now that i have had a chance to put together a lil more money i bought a set of headers and Pro Dumps... which will give me MORE power and MORE flow

a free flowing o/r pipe is better then stock cats with 140k miles.... any day
Old 03-20-2006, 10:03 AM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: ncksnapper

actually i didnt say he would lose power of course he would gain power from the h pipe i said that it is choking it back down which is not smooth flowing which will not add as much power as the h pipe can add, i dont buy cat backs i make my own exhaust at my shop and it would only cost 150 200 bucks for me to make a custom cat back not 400 bucks, just so you know, and he didnt say before that he is doing dumps thats completely different and yes changing that 1 foot of pipe wich is actually about 2.5 feet total would make a difference, just dont try to argue about exhaust with me cause i know alot more than you think, im not trying to put anyone down im just stating a fact thats all
[quote]ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

Yea, I don't have the resources to make my own exhaust either. It's not that I can't save up and buy a catback...I just don't see the sense in paying 200+ bucks for a few feet of pipe. I never said I was using dumps, I said I was putting in cut-outs. Pretty much the same thing, but there is a slight difference. I'm sure you know that though since you have your own shop. Like I said, I'm going to talk to the exhaust shop and get there opinion about the pipe between the mufflers and h-pipe since I'm not a subject matter expert, but thanks for all the replies. At least I know I can bolt the h-pipe myself.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 AM
ncksnapper
2nd Gear Member

hey blacksnake why dont you set it up with a set of single chamber flowmasters? i have a set for reall cheap, 2.5 inch
Old 03-20-2006, 12:56 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

Whoops, this was how that last post was supposed to look. And I've had the dual chambers on all my previous stangs and wouldn't think about going with anything different.

[quote]ORIGINAL: ncksnapper

Yea, I don't have the resources to make my own exhaust either. It's not that I can't save up and buy a catback...I just don't see the sense in paying 200+ bucks for a few feet of pipe. I never said I was using dumps, I said I was putting in cut-outs. Pretty much the same thing, but there is a slight difference. I'm sure you know that though since you have your own shop. Like I said, I'm going to talk to the exhaust shop and get there opinion about the pipe between the mufflers and h-pipe since I'm not a subject matter expert, but thanks for all the replies. At least I know I can bolt the h-pipe myself.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:14 PM
ncksnapper
2nd Gear Member

was just askin , but anyway i wasnt trying to be an a hole , what state do you live in, do u live near va?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:21 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I used to live in VA and I think that we need to put our e-dicks away now . Anyways, I was flipping through the summit catalog and ran across those MAC pro-chambers, what's the deal with those? I heard that you gain power with them but still retain your torque.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:55 PM
ncksnapper
2nd Gear Member

i heard bout them too, your talking about the ones with the muffler built into the h pipe right?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:57 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

^^ Basically... I have the prochamber... i like it.

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...4&ctime=030004

its not a good pic but you get the point
Old 03-20-2006, 02:24 PM
ncksnapper
2nd Gear Member

that is bad *** i have to look into gettin one