5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

mustang vs. comaro (handling)

Old 03-23-2006, 03:25 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

Default mustang vs. comaro (handling)

do the fox's out handle the same year comaro's? just wondering cause this kid i know keeps saying his car will out handle mine
Old 03-23-2006, 03:31 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: mustang vs. comaro (handling)

I would sure HOPE SO.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:35 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

I can't tell you any technical stuff about the differences, but I have owned both body styles. If I had to choose I would say my 88gt handled better than my 89 trans am...same body as camaro...the camaro body style is low but feels big. I had fatties and skinnies on my 88 as well which really worsened my handling. So stock for stock, in my opinion your stang has an edge, but neither one was great. Once Ford went to the unibody the stang was definitely better. Hopefully some more knowledgable guys will chime in on the specs of each type for the body style you're looking for.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

i have an 84 gt and it out handles my friends 95 which shocked the sh*t out of both of us. i dont know what it was with the 20th anniversary's but they handle amazingly. maybe ford left out some changes they did and said it was the same as everything else?
Old 03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
RawGtPower
3rd Gear Member

Camaro definatley. I had a 94 z28, and it handled awesome. It sat lower, wider body, better stock suspension, tighter steering. I have now, a 94 mustang gt and the handling pretty much sucks. I havent yet ugraded my suspension or lowered my car, but as soon as i do, im sure it will be awesome. I dont know what it is about fords, but they have a lot of play in they're steering. If i even touched the steering on my camaro, the car would respond instantly.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:12 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

I think he's asking about the fox body, which only went to 93.

ORIGINAL: RawGtPower

Camaro definatley. I had a 94 z28, and it handled awesome. It sat lower, wider body, better stock suspension, tighter steering. I have now, a 94 mustang gt and the handling pretty much sucks. I havent yet ugraded my suspension or lowered my car, but as soon as i do, im sure it will be awesome. I dont know what it is about fords, but they have a lot of play in they're steering. If i even touched the steering on my camaro, the car would respond instantly.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Take a look at amature track racing series.

How many camaros you see out there?
How many sooped up 5.0 stangs?

5.0 much better handling car.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:17 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

94 and 95 wasnt mustang best year for handling or speed
not a "true" 5.0 in my book.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:20 PM
blk95snake
1st Gear Member

Are you crazy? The only reason 94-95 are a tick slower is because of the weight and my 94 cobra handles way better than my 88gt did. The fox body 5.0s were pretty slow stock too if I ermemerb correctly.

ORIGINAL: r.barn

Old 03-23-2006, 05:25 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

guess I'm just biased, just dont like the 94-95's for some reason.
like that older boxy body style

ORIGINAL: blk95snake

Are you crazy? The only reason 94-95 are a tick slower is because of the weight and my 94 cobra handles way better than my 88gt did. The fox body 5.0s were pretty slow stock too if I ermemerb correctly.

ORIGINAL: r.barn

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mustang vs. comaro (handling)