5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Just got my.................

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 07:09 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Default Just got my.................

Hey guys and gals,

I just got my Brand NEW Flaming River manuel rack kit today. This thing looks nice and should drop the weight in the front of the car by like 30 lbs. they said. Just wondering if anybody has put one of these on their cars yet. I didn't realize that the steering shaft came in pieces and you had to assemble it yourself. Normally that wouldn't be a problem BUT.... as I was reading the instructions it says that you have to make "dimple" marks for the set screws to into. But it said that the setting varies for each car and setup, i guess do to different K-member or offset bushings you would run. My question is, Do I put the rack in the car and then adjust everything from there or try to adjust the shaft then put in the rack. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanx.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:16 PM
bdwjdw
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just got my.................

When I put mine in I put the rack assembly on first then made my adjustments. It's been 3 years since I have installed one and I do remember having to make a dimple on the shaft for the set screw but thats about it.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:35 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got my.................

[sm=smiley20.gif] Yeah that's all it said to do. I was just wondering if people put the rack in first or tried putting the shaft in first. Thanx for the help. Oh one more question, did you have to remove anything else while doing the install, like headers or anything like that or did you just have to do the rack and the shaft?