5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Fog Light Rewire

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:05 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Fog Light Rewire

ORIGINAL: 89GTRed

cool thx tim. I know its not that big a deal to run a seperate power to the switch but i was hoping there might be a better way to do it w/out running extra wires from the batt, as i want to keep that rats nest of a wiring scheme i got going under the hood down to the bare minimum of wires. THX for the tips guys!
If you have the type of switch that has the h/l's above and the f/l below it, it couldn't be any easier. You could just take the power wire of the h/l switch and jump it over to the f/l switch. What's that like 3 inches of wire?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

ROFL Ahahahah... well i guess you are right! was thinking was gonna have to run a wire straight from the batt or the fusebox but...duh the headlights right above it. Well i guess that was a quite obvious way to fix it but it didnt even cross my mind. THX
ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

cool thx tim. I know its not that big a deal to run a seperate power to the switch but i was hoping there might be a better way to do it w/out running extra wires from the batt, as i want to keep that rats nest of a wiring scheme i got going under the hood down to the bare minimum of wires. THX for the tips guys!
If you have the type of switch that has the h/l's above and the f/l below it, it couldn't be any easier. You could just take the power wire of the h/l switch and jump it over to the f/l switch. What's that like 3 inches of wire?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ROFL Ahahahah... well i guess you are right! was thinking was gonna have to run a wire straight from the batt or the fusebox but...duh the headlights right above it. Well i guess that was a quite obvious way to fix it but it didnt even cross my mind. THX
ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

NP man! It just seemed you were making it way harder than it needed to be. GL w/ it.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:24 PM
biglg
2nd Gear Member

I want to do the fog light off the parking lights on my 89. I am not looking at my car as I am at work. Can you tell me in advance what color wire from the head light switch i am connecting to what color wire in the fog light switch?

Also, my right fog hasnt worked since I got the car 2 months ago. It isnt the bulb, or the switch? Any ideas on how to fix this? Do I have to run new wires from the fog to the switch? Do I need any fuses or anything? HELP me asap I would like to fix this tonight while the interior is ripped out. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

since i save almost everything and im a nice guy ill give u the link. http://www.corral.net/tech/maintenance/foglights.html
Old 04-27-2006, 07:24 PM
1stStang
2nd Gear Member

Can you please post the link for the foglight wiring conversion for the 94-95 Mustang. Want to change mine over.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:27 PM
1stStang
2nd Gear Member

Nevermind- need to read all the post before I submit a reply. Thanks OnyxCobra, will give me another project for this weekend.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Red FIVE O
2nd Gear Member

just use the power wire from the dead defrost switch. and run a lenght to the fog light pos wire.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:14 PM
biglg
2nd Gear Member

GOt my car 2 months ago. The right fog hasnt worked since I got the car. The left fog is working, the right doe nothing.

I just did the fog/parking light mod where the fogs come on with the parking lights. I jumped the headlight power wire into my fog light switch. I did that correct, the ONE working fog comes on with the parking lights. What do I need to do to get the darn right fog working?

I checked the connections. They seem to be fine. I tried to scrape and clean the connections that plug into that fog light, and still nothing.

Can I simply cut the wire behind the fog light. Run 2 new wires from the fog directly to the switch??

Since I did the parking light mod, I guess I would need to run the power to the new headlight/fog power group of wires? I would run the ground the the existing wire that is in the fog switch??

Or, could I simply run 2 new wires from my non working fog light, and splice into the working fog lights directly behind the working fog lamp???

Do I need any kind of fuse or anything on the new wire running directly from the fog to either the switch or the other fog? , or what all do I need? What gauge wire? Should I go to the switches, or just jump in at the other fog light? Obviously the wires into the other fog are good as they are working fine, should I jump those?

Might be confusing. But I want to do this tonight so any help would be great. Thanks guys!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:11 PM
sofknez
1st Gear Member

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/fog2.htm