5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

super modification day. .some q's???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:15 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

Default super modification day. .some q's???

Today was 13 hours of straight wrenching... I have a 94, 5.0 and Today I did alot of goodies! I started off with edelbrock elite series valve covers, edelbrock performer rpm 2 upper and lower intake, 1" trick flow spacer ( tall valve covers) edelbrock elbow, ford racing 30# FUEL INJECTORS. edelbrock 70 mm throttle body, granatelli mass air sensor, and a bbk cold air intake... ( the one that mounts in the fender). I also put in the msd pro distributer. and autolite racing spark plugs. I am seeming to have a problem with the way it mounts up the bottom tube is BIG then the mass air is big , the tube that goes between the mass air and the throttle body is smaller, the angle is not right and it looks like a pile of crap... i also ran into another problem, my spark plug wires are not long enough. so i had to rearrange them and it still looks like junk so i need to know where i can get msd 8.5mm wires without the solid core that are longer? also Thank god I have a cobra rr svo hood..... that would never clear a stock hood.... I will have some pictures soon guys.. i forgot my camera.. this week is focusing on them traction bars and upper control arms... anyone know anything elso I should look out for or anything about that intake or the wires? thanks for all your help... Bob
Old 03-26-2006, 11:16 PM
live4motocross11
4th Gear Member

Default RE: super modification day. .some q's???

wow amazing, with taht was my day!! wish i had the money right now for all that, thats really cool man.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:18 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

ohh yea i did an aeromotive adjustible fuel pressure regulator too.. i saved for a long long time for all that man.... and i got a part time job at a parts store... just to finish this car!
Old 03-26-2006, 11:29 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

i am learning alot of this stuff for the first time... if anyone could guide me in the right direction i would greatlet appreciate it. I am going to attempt to time my 94, 5.0 and adjust the fuel pressure at the same time, i have a gauge for my schrader (spelling) valve and a timing gun... anyone know where i should be at?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Days like that build character.........
Sears is still a good place to get a timing light.......
Old 03-27-2006, 12:05 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

My bad on timing light.
I'd play it by what ever the tag says on the car and then work up in timing, really don't it to ping now....
Old 03-27-2006, 12:14 AM
fordguy17
4th Gear Member

sound good. but why 30lb injectors?

19lb'ers are good up to about 270 rwhp.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:14 AM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

You did not mentioned heads, I think you went overboard with the injectors, without heads and cam your stock (19lbs) would have been sufficient, if you install new heads and cam at least 24lb injectors. Anyway, with your regulator at least 35-40 and your timing at least 12 degrees. Now this is what I have on my car, but if we have someone double check on this please post away.
A reminder, when you start modifying the **** on the 94-95's the computer seems not to like modifications you might want to consider tuning and chipping it too.
Good luck.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:18 AM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

you asked my question..so i'm requoting.
ORIGINAL: badtzmaru

You did not mentioned heads, I think you went overboard with the injectors, without heads and cam your stock (19lbs) would have been sufficient, if you install new heads and cam at least 24lb injectors. Anyway, with your regulator at least 35-40 and your timing at least 12 degrees. Now this is what I have on my car, but if we have someone double check on this please post away.
A reminder, when you start modifying the **** on the 94-95's the computer seems not to like modifications you might want to consider tuning and chipping it too.
Good luck.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:43 AM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

i plan on charging it or going with a good shot of juice, i like to prepare for the future, so i dont ever hafto buy things 2se thanks so much for the advise

Quick Reply: super modification day. .some q's???