5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Pics of goodies in my room

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

Default Pics of goodies in my room

Ok well I'm gathering parts up for summer time so that instead of installing one thing at a time and barely feeling anything I am going to install it all at once and really feel something. So here is what is sitting in my room.

-BBK 70mm TB
-Steeda U/L Control arms
-FMS 3.55 Gears
- Edelbrock intake adapter (For my future U/L Intake Man.)
-BBK Spring Isolators

Still to buy:
-U/L intake Manifold
-C&L Inlet tube with 76mm MAF and K&N Filter
-Eibach pro kit springs
-1.6 RR
-New TIRES!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7058/3875CEF26DE441DCA99E2E2D23E0898A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7058/2CACC61D626D42DBB3B6D6E50C64FEF4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-27-2006, 10:38 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Pics of goodies in my room

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!: D
Old 03-28-2006, 12:33 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

dont bother getting the eibach springs... you will be looking at spending $240 on them... drop another $160 and order the Ford Motorsport Suspension upgrade package. It can be had for around $400 and gives you Springs, shocks, struts, and front and rear sway bars. I installed this kit in my 94 Cobra and it made a WORLD of difference.

Eibach offers NO information on the spring rates of their springs, so it is possible that they offer little to no improvement on the rate over your stock springs, they just make the car lower. However, the Ford Motorsport setup gives you a FULL suspension upgrade... for REALLY cheap, And they offer all the information you need to compare the kit to your stock springs, and other companies products.

M-5400-A

You Can Order This Kit Here This is where I got mine from. If you do order through Pro Mustang Performance.... just mention that i sent you... please
Old 03-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

Hey Fil it looks like you have some work to do lol, traction should be a good bit better. Keith how much better will that make a stang handle over stock?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Well i have the kit in my car and before i installed it i notices ALOT of body roll and the car just felt mushy... mind you it was 145k on all the stock suspension...

I kid you not when i say that now when im driving around town and even get up on the highway, my car feels like a corvette. the ride is nice and firm, but not harsh. corners are crisp and the car doesnt lift. I have taken the car around exit ramps at VERY high speeds and i dont hear the tires squealing. for $400 you cant go wrong.

heres a good comparison for you.... you know how the car feels liek the *** end is dragging when you have more then 1 other person driving with you.... i had my boss and his 230lb son in my car.... fatty was in the back seat. and it still felt the same as with no one else in there. Its so hard to describe but before the car had SOOOOO much body lean, and now it has none.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

cool, how much did it lower the car?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:14 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I just put the springs in last week so they are still settling. the rear of the car definitly went down a bit already and the front is getting there. but FRPP claims that it lowers the car 1"

around here you really dont wanna go much more then that. I already have clearence issues... with all the poholes and such.

I'll try to get a pic of the car tomorrow and post it up.

in the meanwhile....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2211116/2
Old 03-28-2006, 01:33 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

I'd go w/ H&R springs ($220) and Tokico shocks/struts ($260). Here's a link to the tokico's..

shocks/struts
Old 03-28-2006, 01:41 AM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

dont bother getting the eibach springs... you will be looking at spending $240 on them... drop another $160 and order the Ford Motorsport Suspension upgrade package. It can be had for around $400 and gives you Springs, shocks, struts, and front and rear sway bars. I installed this kit in my 94 Cobra and it made a WORLD of difference.

Eibach offers NO information on the spring rates of their springs, so it is possible that they offer little to no improvement on the rate over your stock springs, they just make the car lower. However, the Ford Motorsport setup gives you a FULL suspension upgrade... for REALLY cheap, And they offer all the information you need to compare the kit to your stock springs, and other companies products.

M-5400-A

You Can Order This Kit Here This is where I got mine from. If you do order through Pro Mustang Performance.... just mention that i sent you... please
Looks good, I see you took the image from summit though, does mike's kit include the tokico shocks? Also which springs from FMS are they?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

I'd go w/ H&R springs ($220) and Tokico shocks/struts ($260). Here's a link to the tokico's..

shocks/struts
I was thinking about the H&R Springs but I can get the eibach whole sale at 212 thats why I was leaning towards them. I should check if I can get the H&R. I alread got the KYB Struts and I got Tokico shocks.

Quick Reply: Pics of goodies in my room