5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ratech ring gear install kit, think twice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
meiguoren33
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ratech ring gear install kit, think twice!

Anyone in doubt, here's my original email to them.

I ordered one of your Ford 8.8 100 series installation kit, your part number RAT-105K from Summit Racing. I paid addittional handling to get the item shipped overnight. When the kit came, it did not contain ring gear bolts as the Summit catalog and your website say it should. Now I have paid $42.00 addittional shipping charges to get my items only to have yours stop my project dead in its tracks for an addittional two days. My car is sitting disabled with the rearend in pieces. Luckily, Summit is sending a replacement at no extra charge and opening the box to verify the contents. Next time I'll buy Richmond products. Thanks alot.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

lol
Old 03-29-2006, 03:32 PM
meiguoren33
2nd Gear Member

Crazy fast, yeah mistakes happen but their reply makes me doubt they are nice people concerned with quality as much as they are with customer service! But yes, I did laugh and sent them a polite reply. Now I know what the shirts that say mean people suck are refferring to! I hope they are at SEMA next year when if I go again!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:21 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meiguoren33

Really!! This was the reply I got from Ratech! Replace the asterics with the appropriate vowels. But this guy John used all vowels there were no asterics.

AJ,
Thanks for purchasing our product. Sometimes things happen, no one is perfect. We would have gladly shipped you the missing part overnight no charge. Additionally, some times boxes are opened at the retailer and parts removed.
Since we do not have a chance to have you as a repeat customer. F*CK Y**!!! *SSH*L*!!!

Thanks, John
Are you serious?!? They actually said this to you?!? I would of FREAKED out. I know it wont make a difference w/ anything that happened but if I were you I would call the Attorney Generals Office in whatever state you are from... get connected w/ Consumer Affairs and file a complaint against them. Just my .02
Old 03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

And call back Ratech and get that little bastard fired
Old 03-29-2006, 05:10 PM
meiguoren33
2nd Gear Member

Yes, this was the reply I really received. My first instict was to get angry. But, it's really not worth it over one unhappy person. I forwarded the letter I sent and received to Summit. Since the response implies some one else opened the box (which was stapled shut) Summit can deal with it if they choose. Really that is what you pay for going through Summit. In no way is this a slam against Summit, but I guess their response will determine if I do business again with them. Hey, this is America, free trade, free speech, free pursuit of happiness! I'm working on my car cause it makes me happy! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN RIGHT?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

ratech rocks, so what they missed the bolts. call them and they will help you out. They are great to deal with, i got the same kit. The parts are made really well.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:26 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

^^ Doesnt seem like they are that great....
Old 03-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

he bought it from summit right? i bought mine from ratech
Old 03-29-2006, 05:59 PM
meiguoren33
2nd Gear Member

Hey Tim, I did'nt call them cause it was 9:00PM at night. I sent them an email, and look at the response I got. Really, I was'nt venting, looking for sympathy, or a for a "We are sorry" message. It was more informative if nothing else. They had their chance to make it right and at least correct it for the rest of you that choose to do business with them. I work in this industry, when there is a non-conformance we don't offer excuses, but we tell our customers we will look into it and correct it. We identify the root cause of the problem and do corrective action so it won't happen again. If we made a mistake we live up to it and assure our customers we will correct it. That way, we may potentially win back disgruntled customers. More importantly, we don't screw over hard working Americans and try to maintain this countries work ethic.

Quick Reply: ratech ring gear install kit, think twice!