5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Best place for restoration parts

Old 03-31-2006, 06:54 PM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

Default Best place for restoration parts

I've been to several websites, I know I'll probally end up using a place like 50resto or dallasmustang, but which site has the best prices or best value (like kits). I'm mainly looking for a headlight kit and interior trim peices such as armrest, WEATHERSTRIPPING, *****, and door parts (door lock actuators). I know all the sites have this stuff, but which sites have the better value. Like being able to buy both the left and right door weatherstripping or a headlight kit that includes the seals and hardware. I think everyone is a little bit cheap, but with a convertable I hate to waste money by buying each individual weatherstripping. Chances are if you need it on once side, the other side needs it too.

I have a 92 convertable and I drive alot on the interstate to my work at least 100 miles a day. The wind noise is getting to me pretty bad! So i'm looking at getting pillar, inside and outside belts for doors and inside and outside belts for quarters. I'm also looking at getting new weatherstripping for the windshield pillar and the top rail. Because at around 70 mph or 80mph the crack between the door glass and quarter glass is almost a inch. I've tried adjustments and I think it comes down to my weatherstripping not being able to keep my windows in place. I'm open to suggestions. If your curious, Yes I did search for items containing weatherstripping and restoration and not much info was available.

Thanks for any recomendations.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:12 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Best place for restoration parts

yep, 50resto seems to be fairly priced and have just about everything.

www.blueovalindustries.com is another good one
Old 03-31-2006, 07:30 PM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

THanks, that's a sweet site and they have kits...never heard of them, do they offer good service? Thanks for the reply!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:34 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

I've never used Blue Oval, but I've heard good things about them and they're also on ebaY. I've used 50resto for several things and they're great...sux that I'm in TX, though, b/c I have to pay sales tax on stuff I buy from them.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:59 PM
topless92

I have used them twice and I also have a 92 convertible. They seem to know their stuff. I think I spoke with Brian.. As far as pricing goes... there is alot of stuff you can't really find anywhere else, so I guess you have to pay the price However, prices on aftermarket stuff can definately be beaten. Also try Year One. They have a pretty good assortment of interior parts
Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 PM
kl92gt
3rd Gear Member

i found laurelmountainmustang.com to be a little cheaper for a few things im not sure if they have everything you need or not
Old 03-31-2006, 08:18 PM
redmustang83596
4th Gear Member

www.foxmustangrestoration.com is a GREAT site, I just found this site today and its really excellent. They have a lot of parts that I couldnt find on 50resto and some other sites.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

I always hear good things about year one..but is that just classic cars?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:44 PM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies, I've been checking out all the sites. Now I just need to compare on what parts to buy from which one. I'm really surprised alot of these websites don't poor more money into their online appearence. I personally would like to see a picture of what I'm about to buy, and I would like the categories be to specific bodystyle. It just does not make sense to me why when you go to lighting it shows lighting for everything from 79-2005 mustangs...should be narrowed down some. O-well that is just my pet peave. Would it be possible for us to make a sticky for websites and other online vedors that sell parts to fox bodies? It would be nice to have all that info in once place. Because my bookmarks are looking a lil crazy

Anyways thanks for helping me out. Let me know if you run accross some more sites.
Jason
Old 04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
85stangman
1st Gear Member

there is a mag called late model restoration it has all the parts you need there are two year groops the 79-93 94-2004. it also has a web site http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best place for restoration parts