5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

engine wont start, no oil press

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

Default engine wont start, no oil press

so i finished hiding wires today and i plugged everything back and now when i go to start the car the oil pressure stays at zero and the car wont start. any ideas?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

Default RE: engine wont start, no oil press

forgot to say, it doesnt even crank over, turn the key and nothing happens

Edit: another thing, one of the first times i tried to start it, the fuel pump would kick in when i turned on the headlights, i was like wtf? its probably something with the solenoid, im gonna go mess with it now, but i still need suggestions
Old 03-31-2006, 08:30 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Did you relocate the solenoid? They need to be grounded. Also, you won't have oil pressure if it isn't running
Old 03-31-2006, 08:33 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

i had a similar issue but it was the first day i got my car

parked it and went to show it off at my friends house, turned the key.. nothing. apsolutely nothing happend. not even a click or a noise. i was stunned and already calling the guy i bought it from (about to rip his throat out) when i was looking under the hood and noticed the battery terminals were corroded and one came off. slipped it back on and abracadabra!

Old 03-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

i did move the solenoid, its just kinda hanging inside my fender right now. i wanted to hook everything up to make sure it would start. does the solenoid have to be bolted to something grounded to work? if so then its probably that. also 2 of my other grounds are kinda half assed grounded just cause i wanted to start it. im gonna go try grounding everything, cant really think of what else it could be, but keep the suggestions coming too.

lookingforastang: i did the same exact think kinda. my friend and i had took apart most of the front of the engine, and when we put everything back, i put the battery cable back on and forgot to bolt it down. after 20 mins of driving the car just shut off, and you can kinda guess what it was [:@]
Old 03-31-2006, 09:50 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

It has to be bolted, like it was on the fender. Be sure to get all you grounds good, or you will worry yourself. Get it all done, then try it.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

maybe you dont have something hooked up
Old 04-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

5.0stanger thanks for the help, all i had to do was bolt the solenoid onto the frame (i didnt know that little fugger was metal on the back [:@]). i purposely just had it hanging so i could connect everything and see if it started. ironically if i had just bolted it to begin with i would have saved myself a lot of time and worrying.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:29 AM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

No problem, glad to help. That is what this site is for. Glad to know there will be another mustang on the road this weekend!!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

i was definately out this morning, over 70 in jersey today, but its gonna rain tomorrow. at least ill have a reason to study for my chem exam

edit: quick look 666 posts, spookey. i think ill leave it there for a few days

Quick Reply: engine wont start, no oil press