5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

would doing this hurt anything ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 10:30 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Default would doing this hurt anything ?

i know its not really TECHNICAL, but, it kind of is....would doing a donut in my '92 GT hurt anything, besides losing tread ?? i see vid's of donuts all the time, and ive never done one(and i get ridiculed for it SEVERELY), but would it hurt anything ?? cuz, honestly, id like to do one. lol. thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:32 PM
BigDaddyJames
1st Gear Member

Default RE: would doing this hurt anything ?

Not if you don't hit anything...or get caught. Althought it's not the healthiest thing to do to a stang, it's probably the most fun. And like getting lucky, it's a blast to tell your friends about after.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:34 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigDaddyJames

Not if you don't hit anything...or get caught. Althought it's not the healthiest thing to do to a stang, it's probably the most fun. And like getting lucky, it's a blast to tell your friends about after.
HAHA. i love that last sentence. i heard it would, but, like i said, i always see vids of donuts in 'Stangs, and it looks awesome, and it sounds awesome. i was j/w. thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:36 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

its kinda hard on some stuff, but its so much fun
Old 03-31-2006, 10:40 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tims 88GT

its kinda hard on some stuff, but its so much fun
like ??? i mean, if you dont have traction, whats it hurting ?? but if you hooked, now, THAT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT STORY...

Edit: this is kind of a stupid question, especially coming from me, since im an auto tech. haha. ive just never done one......
Old 03-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

it can be hard on the spider gears and u joints
Old 03-31-2006, 10:50 PM
jonnyslick
2nd Gear Member

depends on how you do it ... i just sold my 240 and got out of the drift scene (after 5 years) and i was always breaking -ish ... it's a lot harder than doing doughnuts ... but still. if you're gentel with your technique it shoudn't hurt too much .. .but i mean if you SUCK as a driver you could potentially:

1. burn your clutch
2. damage your tranny/diff
3. over-rev and damage your motor
4. wear out your driveline

it's really on how gentle you are with your cars. for instance, i have a patient (i'm a chiropractic physician) and destroyed the transmission in his 350Z in less than 6,000 miles b/c he doesn't have a clue how to drive a manual! LOL
Old 03-31-2006, 10:57 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jonnyslick

depends on how you do it ... i just sold my 240 and got out of the drift scene (after 5 years) and i was always breaking -ish ... it's a lot harder than doing doughnuts ... but still. if you're gentel with your technique it shoudn't hurt too much .. .but i mean if you SUCK as a driver you could potentially:

1. burn your clutch
2. damage your tranny/diff
3. over-rev and damage your motor
4. wear out your driveline

it's really on how gentle you are with your cars. for instance, i have a patient (i'm a chiropractic physician) and destroyed the transmission in his 350Z in less than 6,000 miles b/c he doesn't have a clue how to drive a manual! LOL
mmm....240...niiiice. sr20det, or ka24de, or shall i say it....a ka24deT. heheh.(just pm with details and/or pics so we dont ***** up my thread. lol)

but trust me, i CAN drive. im usually gentle on mine, 'cept for the times that i street race, which i havent done in FOREVER, or when i just wanna go a "lil faster than usual". lol but, i dont spin my tires a lot, or stuff like that...
Old 04-01-2006, 12:35 AM
92stangg

your c-clips could come out and you could lose a tire and axle
Old 04-01-2006, 12:53 AM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

did a really really long burnout in my monte carlo and topped it off with a couple donuts

rearend started making some noises but it went away

last time i did that haha

Quick Reply: would doing this hurt anything ?