5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

New dyno results after E303 and Tweecer

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 04:57 AM
AdamB
2nd Gear Member

Default New dyno results after E303 and Tweecer

Hi, don't know if any of you have followed my previous posts, but I had the mods listed below with stock MAF and injectors and apparently stock rocker arms, the only tune done was the chip from powerdyne. My car's previous owner said the heads were ported/polished, but my tuner didn't see any signs of it. Anyhow, the car made 305 rwhp with the stock injectors maxing out around 4800 and going lean quick.

Now, with the addition of 36 lb injectors, BA2400 MAF, E303 and Tweecer-RT tune, it made 343 rwhp, with lots of room to play with timing etc. I never even installed the 11 psi pulley I purchased for my car due to belt slippage problems.

Hopefully, with the addition of some good AFR 165s, smaller pulley on the S/C and tune, I'll hit close to 400 rwhp on a stock bottom end motor.

I had a custom tune down by Street Speed Performance in Pottstown, and it was worth the $$ paid. I would definitely recommend getting your car tuned as it makes a world of difference.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:36 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: New dyno results after E303 and Tweecer

How well does the Tweecer manage the SN-95. I have a 94 Cobra and im very interetsed in getting my hands on one of those units, but i havent heard much about it. how does it work, what kind of options does it give you... can you get any screenshots? How tunable is it? Does it get nearly as in depth as a stand alone?

sorry bout all the questions.... im just REALLY curious
Old 04-08-2006, 01:24 PM
5.0carlo
2nd Gear Member

Hey Adam.... What psi are you running because that number sounds pretty low. And beleive me if you put a smaller pulley on there and some AFR's you will deff be over ur 400 HP mark. Id get the 185's though.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:47 PM
89gtsleeper
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... your sig has 9 lbs, but I assume you say that becasue you have the 9 lb pulley from powerdyne... I'll be honest, with my powerdyne on my fox body 5.0, I had a bosst gauge, and the bosst gauge never reached the level of boost it was supposedly pullied for.... The 6 lb pulleys were only good for about 4-5 lbs in real life, and the 9 lb was only good for about 7-8... just something I noticed on my application... but yeah, I think those numbers you have after the fuel injectors sound about right... Those stockers were definitely holding you back on the top end... Also, try dynoing it after icing the blower down, and that should add another 15-20hp possibly and with the 11 lb pulley and the ice, you may be able to dyno about another 40hp over where you're at now. Add the afrs, and you've got another 60-100hp if tuned correctly.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:54 PM
89gtsleeper
2nd Gear Member

oh yeah, and opn the afr's... you mentioned using some 165s.... for your applicaiton, you may come out with better results on the 185's.... I did some research on these heads, (and bear with me, I'm going off memory from a few months ago, and god's green herb makes me forget things occasionally), but the only difference between the 165 and 185 is the intake side... the exhaust side stays pretty much the same throughout... but your setup is more leaning toward the intake side of things, and the price difference between these two heads is minimal... it may help you squeeze out some more top end power, and get more velocity out of your setup

Old 04-08-2006, 02:13 PM
89gtsleeper
2nd Gear Member

also, you'll notice this is very true with a bigger cam that achieves more lift... the e cam will help some, and if you've got some 1.72 rr's on it, that will give a bit more than the advertised .498 lift of the e cam.... that's the area where the 185s will really open up... if you don't plan to run any bigger of a cam though..,. then you'll never really get enough lift to get the most out of the 185s, and the 165's may work just as well for you... I mean don't get me wrong the 185s will still make more power down low than the 165's, but the real power is after .500 lift... the charts above display this perfectly. happy parts hunting!
Old 04-08-2006, 02:32 PM
5.0carlo
2nd Gear Member

the 185's have bigger valves then the 165's and like 89 said... the price is minimal. In fact I have seen alot of places that sell those heads for the same price. If your not geting much boost I would suggest getting a anderson power pipe. I have heard great things about them.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:27 PM
89gtsleeper
2nd Gear Member

yep... what he said... proven to add a few lbs boost without forcing the blower to spin much quicker.... that's where it helps to make more boost without raising the intake temperature, which actually reduces some of the added power of a pulley due to having less dense air
Old 04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
AdamB
2nd Gear Member

Hi, with the factory cam, my 9 psi powerdyne showed 10 psi of boost on the dyno. Now that I've switched to the E303, it is only showing 6 psi of boost. My speed shop said the new Ecam is less restrictive and so doesn't show as much boost on the dyno (which I figured it would hence the smaller pulley).

My BBK fpr is appears to be set around 39 to 40 psi... used to be set at 45 psi on the 19's, then pegged over 70 psi when they maxed out [:@]

Anyhow, as far as the Tweecer questions with the sn95, it'll do everything. The tweecer software can be downloaded free from www.tweecer.com and then you have to buy the hardware to make it all work. However, you can see all the screen shots you want. Just plug in your EEC info etc.

Apparently the 94-95 mustangs got harder to tune because Ford changed some things in them. However it looks like it's all there. I had mine professionally tuned at first, then I will just tweecer things here and there (like I've already done) to fit my driving. Like for instance, the 94-95 cars used Tip in Retard, which pulls timing out of your car in between shifts, to help keep the stock trans in tact. I set mine to off by setting the min timing to enable super high (meaning it'll never see that timing, so will never pull 15 degrees out per shift).

I have lots to learn, so otherwise don't want to comment on the Tweecer, but it seems to be very similiar to the GM stuff I've used (LT1-edit etc).

I was told with more tuning, I could probably do 360 rwhp with my current set up. Now, with the other pulley, and some AFR's Oh and as far as heads/ cam, I don't want to change the cam out for awhile (and the idle is awesome) I just want to put on some heads that'll work with my stock pistons and give mind blowing power LOL
Old 04-08-2006, 05:18 PM
89gtsleeper
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I wouldn't trade my stock cam for something with big lift.... I dirve that car every day, and she needs to purr.... not cough

Quick Reply: New dyno results after E303 and Tweecer