MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Carb swappage finally finished (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/116141-carb-swappage-finally-finished.html)

Crazyfast50stang 04-13-2006 10:52 PM

RE: Carb swappage finally finished

Cool sounds awesome. I like your sig, (by coming soon i mean sometime in the next 8-28 years??)

88blackCONvert 04-13-2006 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang
Project looks great. Who made that distributer your using? Does it have a mechanical advance to go along with that vacuum advance?
It's an EBAY special zach, i paid $85 bucks for (20 to ship i think), and am super happy with it!! They sell a mechanical advance dizzy for same price (hei as well, or duraspark style is avail also). I went with the vacuum since it's not a race car, and it sparks really well right out of the cheap packaging, and came with cap and built in 50k volt coil (on top, and replacable with msd if you want).

It had a slide on steel dizzy gear that kinda spooked me, but it's worked great so far ( i put it on by hand). But for the price, it looks awesome, and fires just as nice!

Search bulldog distributor on ebay and you should be able to find it.

88blackCONvert 04-13-2006 11:07 PM

Overall from a stock EFI speed density setup that was in need of some help, to an RPM intake and 750 carb with 155lph elec fuel pump (external holley blue style) and FP regulator, i noticed some incredible throttle response (when i slam the gas it goes, no hesitation), and it seems to pull harder throughout the rpm range (all the way to about 5800 where it used to fall off around 5200). Im super happy with the results, but for you guys who already spent money on efi intakes and other upgrades, then you probably won't see any gains, but if your on a tight budget and want to upgrade a stock pony, then carb is a good route to go since you don't have to buy new injectors/tb/maf/all that other efi stuff to work togather.

$280 EDL750 electric choke carb
$130 RPM Intake
$100 HEI Hi-po dizzy (brand new ebay) can use 85 stock mustang dizzy for cheap, and works great
$55 155lph fuel pump (brand new ebay)
$30 4.5-14psi regulator
$30 3/8 aluminum fuel line - 25ft (plenty enough!!)
$15 cheap edelbrock air cleaner for stock hood clearance)

So around $650 (give er take a few bucks) to buy all new stuff to do the swap. You can get used stuff (intake/carb/dizzy/etc) and get out alot cheaper, with good results. Hopefully i can get a couple hundred bucks for my EFI stuff on ebay when i clean it all up and drop my price a bit!

88blackCONvert 04-14-2006 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Crazyfast50stang
Cool sounds awesome. I like your sig, (by coming soon i mean sometime in the next 8-28 years??)
haha, hopefully it's a little sooner than that, but i figured if i didn't set my goal too high, i wouldn't dissapoint myself [8D]. Actually the only thing i have left to buy is a rear bumper skin, and some paint, and then i can start saving for my short block and heads. Probably spend around $1000 on the block and cam, and then decide on what heads i wanna splurge on. Everyone on here has me jones-in for a set of them AFR 165's, but my budget is saying windsor jr.s.