5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Vacuum question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 04:08 PM
16FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

Default Vacuum question

Im having a little trouble figuring this out
Old 04-18-2006, 04:09 PM
16FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Vacuum question

h
Old 04-18-2006, 04:10 PM
16FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

sorry about the 3 post but i dont know how to put more than 1 pic in each reply. I took my car apart a long time ago and forgot how this stuff went. I was told to connect the PCV line to the tree on the side, then to run the S line from the tree to the line on the back of the intake. In those pics they are done but they just dont seem right. then as for the 3 ports on the bottom i dont know where to run them, im pretty sure they go to the FPR and EGR but im not sure. PLEASE help.....BTW all 3 post have a different pic
Old 04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

the pcv runs to the fitting under the upper intake not the tree,the big hose on the tree under the upper intake goes to the tree on the drivers side fire wall,the small vacum line on the tree on the upper intake runs to the fpr.if this helps any
Old 04-18-2006, 04:32 PM
16FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

so all 3 ports under the upper intake should have something connected to them? what the ports on the side (the tree)? Also doesnt someting have to run to the back of the EGR?
Old 04-18-2006, 04:46 PM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

all of the ports should be connected but one on the upper.do you have a smog system on your car?the 2 small ones on the tree run to the fpr and the red vacum hose located by the pass strut tower.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:57 PM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

heres a pic of mine that might help. its a differnt manifold but it pretty much the same.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29615/2B15A34CED8A4AED9F770E9252E3CEF9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-18-2006, 05:17 PM
16FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

yea ur intake is different. Im so aggravated right now i cant even think. SO THE PCV LINE RUNS TO 1 of the ports under the upper intake correct? then i have to run line from another port under the intake to the FPR correct? also i have 3 metal tubes running from the bottom of the intake also, 1 big one and 2 small ones in back near the PCV, what hooks up to them? and what line hooks up the the tree on the side? and also what about the port on the back of the EGR spacer, what connects to that? im sorry if i keep asking the same question. This is the one area of the mustang im clueless about and its driving me absolutely nuts
Old 04-18-2006, 05:52 PM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

my intake hooks up the same way as the factory ones.The egr spacer connects to the coolant tubes on your bottom intake.OK the 3 metal tube fitting on the bottom of the upper intake,the big one goes to the black plastic tree on your drivers side fire wall "over top of your brake booster,one of the small lines goes to the FPR,The other one goes to the red vac line behind the pass strut tower"it s a plug looking thing that has i think 4 vac hoses together red ,gray,green,black".The 2 ports on the bottom intake closest to the throttle body the back one gets pluged and the front one goes to the black vac canister located near the smog pump on the pass side.If you look at my pic the hose with the white writing on it runs to the pcv yours should hook up similar.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:14 PM
16FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

alright, if u click pic 3 it shows the 3 ports. the 1 next to the metal tube has a line connected to it, then the other 2 are obviously open. but if u look at that metal tube, theres also 2 little metal tubes underneath it. Now lets call the biggest port #1, the small one next to it #2, and the one with the hose connected #3. So just tell me where to run each # port to and ill be good, and then of course the metal tube ones. I know to plug one of the ports on the tree. I had it but u confused me when u said the 2 closest to the throttle body? did u mean the tree? once again man im sorry for this, i feel embarrassed and like an idiot but im to eager and aggravated to be proud right now, whatever it takes to get her done. Thanks for all your help

Quick Reply: Vacuum question