5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

F'ed up my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 08:17 PM
BoutTimeiGot$$$

Default F'ed up my car!!!

Alrighty, well after changeing my spark plugs I turned on my car and since I havent started my car in a day I had to rev it up some to stop it from dieing. After about o lets say 3 minutes I get out and look under my hood and my right side in the back where my spark plugs are its smokeing. I cantsee exactly from where but around that area. So I rush to turn off the car and come back and notice that some tranmission fluid has started to leak out of the upper intake manifold where the 5.0 logo is. If it helps which I gues it will when I replaced my exaust manifold on that side and started up my car it started to smoke just as it is now, I came on here and was basicly told smoke dont hurt and to let it run for a little while and see what happens, so I did and about 15 minutes later it stoped smokeing. Sorry about this being so long but can anyone help me!?!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:25 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: F'ed up my car!!!

so you know it's transmission fluid?....and it has stopped?...first check your oil level in the trans..see if it's low? next check to see if there is a vacuum line that runs to the trans. let me know
Old 03-23-2004, 08:51 PM
BoutTimeiGot$$$

Its dark out so I couldn't tell ya right now, Yeah it stoped though it only leaked a verry little, I don't know liquid measurments to well so ill say like 2 teaspoons of fluid. Also I am not the best with cars, but if I am correct only transmission fluid is red, and the fuid I saw was red. The smoke didn't start till the car was running for a little while, like something got too hot..
Old 03-23-2004, 10:08 PM
bmorrisj
3rd Gear Member

something just got on a hot part and burned off...
Old 03-23-2004, 10:11 PM
TheGmKiller331
I ♥ Acer

Is this an auto?If so you could have a hole in the modulator and it could be allowing tranny fluid in or leaking it out.You need to find out.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:17 PM
BoutTimeiGot$$$

Nah I have a manual, Its a 89 GT basicly stock excepot for a MAF sustem. It cant be just something was getting burnt off due to the tranmission fluid leaking.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:19 PM
TheGmKiller331
I ♥ Acer

So other than the drain plug on the tranny if its a manual where and why would it leak especially up top where you described?Thats odd to me explain if you could?Did you spill something or what exactly?
Old 03-23-2004, 10:28 PM
BoutTimeiGot$$$

Wow, im so going to get verbaly beat on for this but I think I know what bhappened. I set my k&n air filter up there so I could get the my spark plugs easier, well I guess I didn't notice right away, but what I am willing to bet what happened is that the red stuff is the oil from the k&n filter that I oiled a few weeks back. heh heh heh... BUT I still have this smoke problem, lets not forget the smoke problem!!! This is the second time its done this (read first post) and would realy wanna know why...
Old 03-23-2004, 10:31 PM
bmorrisj
3rd Gear Member

well if its just k&n filter oil, its going to smoke until it burns off of the engine...
Old 03-23-2004, 10:33 PM
BoutTimeiGot$$$

Nah it wasn't smokeing from where the oil was. its smokeing from where the second to back spark plug is or possably under it, this smoke tends to expand fast so its hard to realy get a specific spot...

Quick Reply: F'ed up my car!!!