5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What do you think?

Everyone has them cus they look sick....Why do you want to try and be original and get something that you arent sure looks good?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:50 PM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

The 5 lug is one of the easiest upgrades you can do. If you dont want to spend 2000 dollars right now just find a set of axles and drums, and then a set of spindles calipers and rotors off a 94-99 i think it was. (94-95 keep the same track width in the front, but 06 and up you can go with the bigger better calipers.) For the 9in wide rim like the FR500s I would recommend finding axles that will keep the fox body track width. I got mine from www.brothersperformance.com or you could get it from www.50resto.com

One warning, I found out the hard way cause I didnt read close enough, the stock style 5 lug rotors that bolt onto the fox spindle (SVO style) will not fit the FR500s. just to let you know.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:53 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

If you are undecided just go with stock ponys... they always look good no matter what
Old 05-03-2006, 04:57 PM
collincastaneda
2nd Gear Member

I actually just found a '93 Cobra brake kit in the Late Model Restoration mag. Or was it the CJ Pony Parts. One of those. It's a good $1600 but disks all around would be the shiz. Yea the first time I saw Mikeys car I was like "I gotta have 'em!". The FR500's look phenomenal on the fox! I'll start saving my pennies now...lol I'm looking at a good $2500 for the swap/wheels/tires. I dont know I might settle for the cheap swap...but going into the auto parts store saying "I need rotors and pads for a '93 Cobra" then watching them run around like chickens with their heads cut off would be priceless lol! Mikey...what swap did you use again? The SN95?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:47 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

Everyone has them cus they look sick....Why do you want to try and be original and get something that you arent sure looks good?
How are you not sure if something looks good? If it does it does. I don't want the same wheels everyone else has...what would make my stang any different. If that many people can't think for themselves and have to get something b/c someone else thinks it looks good, then I definitely don't want it on my car.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:51 PM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

Yeah the swap i did was sn-95 up front, and the some new axles off ebay that allowed me to keep the narrower track width of the fox. Cant fit 275s with a 9in wheel with the sn-95 axles. well without fender work that is
Old 05-03-2006, 08:13 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

How are you not sure if something looks good? If it does it does. I don't want the same wheels everyone else has...what would make my stang any different. If that many people can't think for themselves and have to get something b/c someone else thinks it looks good, then I definitely don't want it on my car.

To each their own, just my 2 cents, or maybe 3....
Old 05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

i cant be into this argument because im the only car in the nearest 3 towns with bullits. but it does seem more people on here are getting them. though i havent seen but like 3 sn95's with them. and i think the deep dish rears are the best looking wheels out there for a 94up tang besides saleen, and who can afford those?
ORIGINAL: gspfunk