5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

95 gt

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 05:11 AM
95stang50
1st Gear Member

Default 95 gt

i have a 95 gt will a shift kit ruin my tranny i wanna put atleast a 2600 stall with a shift kit would it burn it up? plus theres a guy in town with a 95 5 speed with cold air and flowmasters...he beats me because of him bein 5 speed plus mine is a vert....so far i have smog delete...K&N filter...off road H..flows...if i were to get 4:10's stall and shift kit you think i could smoke him.....his car has over 115,000 mine has 77,000 miles on it...i have 18X10 inch wheels on the back and 18X9's on the front with the deep dish bullets...i have bfg kdw2's so they are pretty thick....i was told that if i was to lower my car it would look good but kind of suck when i take it to the drags and put slicks on...that it wouldnt let the back end drop or somethin like that what do you guys think? plus can you explain to me how to clean the throttle body and mass air flow? and how to borlas sound on a 5.0 dumped at the axles? Im 17 and all the money i get goes to my car...i kno i cant fix it up like you guys because i dont make that much but im gettin there....plus what are some cheap mod that i could do...or even some tinkering around that i could do to get all the ponies i can get out of my motor?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:30 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 95 gt

4:10's, stall and shift kit and you should give him a good go.
it wont bother your tranny'
lowering it might hurt just a little but its worth it to look alot better IMO. and slicks, control arms, subframe connectors and drag shocks will give you all the traction you need.
heres you a link to do all the cleaning and tuning for the tb, maf, tps, iac, etc.
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/maintain.php
bump your timing and tune it up, get a 65mm tb and 73 or 75 maf, some good starting mods after the tranny work and gears since they will be the best bang for the buck.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:59 PM
deadcarnahans
3rd Gear Member

A shift kit won't hurt your tranny. It won't fix any defects either.
When I was 17 I was blastin on a XL-125.
Why are you so concerned about the other guy? Sorry, I visit these groups and forums and everyone is so concerned about measuring up to the others, I don't get it.
My advice to all: Buy what you need and want, but don't ever sell anything. When you are 40 you will have a lot of neat stuff and there will be fools wanting to buy it from you.

Visit becontrols.com for lots of info on your tranny.

later...
Old 05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

u can buy my BBK cold air intake i am selling it for the half the price of what it is brand new and just trying to get rid of it hahahaha but yes 4.10's would greatly help a auto car.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:55 AM
95stang50
1st Gear Member

how much you wantin i live in garden city kansas...how much would it cost for shipping and everything............plus i wanna beat this dude thats why i bother with him........he talks like hes hot crap and he knows nothing about his car!!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:23 AM
95stang_low12s_motor

Great choice on the 95' - last year of the 5.0!

well, here you go fellow stangrider

4:10 (or 3.73) would really livin up the rpms - good upgrade for your autotranny - a 4.10 will be tough on the gas on the highway, the way the gas prices are going a 3.73 might be a better bet ~$500 total for parts and install a good deal

The first cheap upgrade you got to throw in is pullies - Summit MAC pullies - ~$60 install em yourself, easy

Lower your car, you will love it. Cut the springs if you dont mind a little rougher ride, drop the front 1.5 - 3 inches and the back a little less. Your suspension is a lot tighter and you can really feel the difference when you corner when the stock car is lowered, that alone was worth it for me. Your other option is some lowering springs - not sure but i think around $150-200

The bit about lowering is harmful for Drags and Slicks is at least 5 years away for a 17 year old. Just run your street tires and if you get to a point where you require a little bit more traction get some 315 nittos. Lower the car!

Borlas? is this a mustang site or a z28 site? Flowmasters cat back exhaust is a good bet 2.5inch - 2 chamber flows would be quite loud with your off road pipe.

Heads, cam, and intake is by far the best upgrade this year car can get. When you get $2000 and you want to feel a different car, a fast car, spend $1200 on some alum head (trickflow or afr) a few hundred on a cam (be picky on the cam), and $500 on a an upper and lower intake (trickflow track heat is a good bet).

Next go with headers $200, 70mm throttle body $150, 73mm mass air $150, injectors, roller rockers.

Let me know how them gears turn out

Welcome to the club!

Old 05-04-2006, 01:37 AM
95stang50
1st Gear Member

ya thanks for the advise.....the reason i wanted borla is because everyone and there mom here has flowmasters on their mustangs...no one has borla.....i was thinkin borla or magnaflow.....cuttin springs..how hard is that....this summer im goin to make probably $2,000 or around there....i wanna do an all motor car...no nos....i want a cam that gives a mean idle one that gives you goose bumps but it still street legal.....i dont drive far to school so gas prices aint a problem...plus my bro drives a honda so we ride to school in that and i just pull the stang out on the weekends...with all the things you told me to do....what HP would i be puttin down at the wheels and what would be my E.T.....if its not a problem could you list things you would do in order....what $2,000 would get me...thanks...and thanks for the welcome! this site is awsome....hopefully soon i can put some pics of my car on here