5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Newb modding question....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 07:31 AM
roboskittle

Default Newb modding question....

The car is a 95 5.0 5spd car. I have been searching over the forums trying to find some good info on what to do with the current set up in the car and what to do with the parts that came with the car. Here is a list of parts that came on the car and parts that will be going on the car.......

Installed
BBK cold air intake
BBK H pipe
BBK Shorty headers
PRO-M 75mm MAF calibrated for 24lb injectors

Parts not yet installed but will be
BBK long tube headers
BBK offroad X pipe
BBK underdrive pulleys
GT40 ported intake upper and lower
BBK 70mm throttle body
MSD 6A ignition module

Now my question is with all these parts installed including the future parts that are not installed, will there be a need to run anything bigger than 19lb injectors other than the fact that the PRO-M MAF is calibrated for them? Also if I do upgrade to say the 24lb injectors I am assuming that I would also need to put an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator in the car. Is this correct? That is what I have gathered so far from the information that I could find about the subject. Another question that I have is since the MAF is calibrated for the 24lb injectors will there be a need to re chip the ECU? The car is surging at idle pretty bad right now due to the fact that the MAF is calibrated for the 24lb injectors but the car still has the 19lb injectors in it. Would it just be easier to step back down to a MAF that is calibrated for the 19lb injectors or will I need to upgrade to the 24lb injectors with the bolt ons listed above. I know this is probably a newb question sorry in advace but thank you very much for your answers in advance. Thank you Jeremiah
Old 05-06-2006, 10:27 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Newb modding question....

19's will be fine for what you have listed. The mass air MUST match the injectors. That will def cause you some issues. An afpr wouldn't really be necessary but wouldn't hurt either. The stock ecm should be ok as well. I'd leave the shorties on though. You won't notice a difference between the 2.