5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Got a ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:55 PM
gt884me
2nd Gear Member

Default Got a ?

well the car is running (just got it timed after my mod install), and according to my mechanic friend it shifts to low---said because of the upgrade I did I have more power now and the stock shift points arent helping. OK question is he said I should get a chip made to change my shift points---its an automatic----does anyone know where I can get one for this issue? Any help or other options would help, I know you guys know!!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 12:06 AM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Got a ?

shift kit

im guessing it shifts at or before 5000 rpms at WOT?

this is good for stock heads/cam since theres no more power being made after 4800rpms
Old 05-18-2006, 12:24 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gt884me

well the car is running (just got it timed after my mod install), and according to my mechanic friend it shifts to low---said because of the upgrade I did I have more power now and the stock shift points arent helping. OK question is he said I should get a chip made to change my shift points---its an automatic----does anyone know where I can get one for this issue? Any help or other options would help, I know you guys know!!!!!
You don't mention what type of auto tranny you have installed, but assuming you still have the AOD in the '88 ......it is not an electronically controlled type...check the information you'll find at http://www.txchange.com/aodadj.htm for the TV cable adjustment that could take care of that problem or a shift kit will do. My
Old 05-18-2006, 02:17 AM
gt884me
2nd Gear Member

Is that for fuel injected or carb setup?
ORIGINAL: Joel5.0

ORIGINAL: gt884me

You don't mention what type of auto tranny you have installed, but assuming you still have the AOD in the '88 ......it is not an electronically controlled type...check the information you'll find at http://www.txchange.com/aodadj.htm for the TV cable adjustment that could take care of that problem or a shift kit will do. My