5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Installing a TB

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 03:39 AM
88foxvert

Default Installing a TB

I have an 88 gt I just bought a bbk 70mm TB with egr spacer, my question is do I need to glue the gaskets or just put them together and just bolt it back up to the manifold? Also so I just unplug all the accessories and replug them to the new parts?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Installing a TB

Correct me if im wrong im going to be changin mine soon, No glue and yes just plug em back in.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:09 AM
brutal_gt
3rd Gear Member

just bolt it back up, no glue.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:11 AM
93BlackNotch
2nd Gear Member

You don't really need to glue/RTV them... You will need to reset you TPS voltage, you'll need a volt meter, leave the screws on the TPS lose, and turn it to get the desired voltage... Then tighten the screws and enjoy the car
Old 05-20-2006, 05:01 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93BlackNotch

You don't really need to glue/RTV them... You will need to reset you TPS voltage, you'll need a volt meter, leave the screws on the TPS lose, and turn it to get the desired voltage... Then tighten the screws and enjoy the car
you forgot to mention about the air idle thingy. gotta adjust that also.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:26 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

youll want to go to muscularmustangs.com and look at the tech section about basic tune ups, setting base idle, tps, Iac, etc. to get it tuned up right when you get it done. and id go a light layer of silicone around the gaskets before i put them on just to make sure they dont leak. a vacuum leak can happen easily so try to prevent that. just a single bead of silicone around it will do. and yes, everything will plug back in. good luck.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:33 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ikeybmg

youll want to go to muscularmustangs.com and look at the tech section about basic tune ups, setting base idle, tps, Iac, etc. to get it tuned up right when you get it done. and id go a light later of silicone around the gaskets before i put them on just to make sure they dont leak. a vacuum leak can happen easily so try to prevent that. just a single bead of silicone around it will do. and yes, everything will plug back in. good luck.
+1 couldnt of said it better.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Blue Oval
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ecstasy
ORIGINAL: 93BlackNotch
you forgot to mention about the air idle thingy. gotta adjust that also.
what do you mean adjust the IAC? you mean clean it?
Old 05-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

clean it, new one, w/e depending on what it looks like, and theres something else you have to adjust i just cant think of what it was, because when my dad installed my new tb, he adjusted one but it didnt make a difference it still kept killing when cold. but he fixed it.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:08 PM
canadianmustang

blah blah blah

Quick Reply: Installing a TB