5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

How to remove factory rev limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:01 PM
pitman86gt
2nd Gear Member

Default How to remove factory rev limiter?

Ok how do you remove the factory rev limiter on a 87-94 mustang computer. I am trying to make my engine rev higher on my new setup, but i was wandering how to get past this. Also how can i adjust my fuel ratios to try to tune more power out of it. I dont want to spend all the money on a standalone. I was hoping that there was some kind of piggy back or something.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:25 PM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How to remove factory rev limiter?

TwEECer. probably the best setup you can get to do that stuff.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:48 PM
pitman86gt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FiveLiterRiceEater

TwEECer. probably the best setup you can get to do that stuff.
link please
Old 05-20-2006, 10:48 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

google it.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:52 PM
pitman86gt
2nd Gear Member

found it. sounds nice.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:34 PM
pitman86gt
2nd Gear Member

they dont have any places where u can send your computer and be remaped or is that not a good idea.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:39 PM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

they do have that. but the great thing about TwEECer is that you can do it yourself or take it to a tune shop and they'll do it.

with one of the tweecer deals you can program like 5 different tunes, so you can have a daily driver tune, a mild performance, an all out performance and 2 more. and you can change them with the push of a button.

i think that would be better than paying 100 bucks to send your computer off to get it programmed and wait 2 weeks to get it back. also, you'll have to have it reprogrammed each time you mod your engine.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:44 PM
pitman86gt
2nd Gear Member

ok my next question is do i need it. I dont have a super or turbo charger. I do have heads, intake, higher compression, bigger mass air and injectors and fuel pump. headers and exhaust, bigger throttle body. I just dont know if this is just for forced induction cars. I do plan on adding nitrous someday. also can this be used on multiple cars or only one. like if i had 2 mustangs could i use the same one on it or does something have to stay in the car.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FiveLiterRiceEater

they do have that. but the great thing about TwEECer is that you can do it yourself or take it to a tune shop and they'll do it.

with one of the tweecer deals you can program like 5 different tunes, so you can have a daily driver tune, a mild performance, an all out performance and 2 more. and you can change them with the push of a button.

i think that would be better than paying 100 bucks to send your computer off to get it programmed and wait 2 weeks to get it back. also, you'll have to have it reprogrammed each time you mod your engine.
You could even have a "no start" anti-theft tune........
Old 05-20-2006, 11:56 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

yes its something that has to stay in the car.,

the benifets of Tweecer are that any time you want to make a change you can, no need to get new chip burned
you can learn how EEC computer works for real.
with Tweercer RT you montior what the EEC is seeing and trouble shoot or improve on your own

Tweecer is not necessarily the best thing for you but it will open up alot of ideas
and possibilties you hadn't thought of and leave the door wide open for future computer upgrades.

ORIGINAL: pitman86gt

ok my next question is do i need it. I dont have a super or turbo charger. I do have heads, intake, higher compression, bigger mass air and injectors and fuel pump. headers and exhaust, bigger throttle body. I just dont know if this is just for forced induction cars. I do plan on adding nitrous someday. also can this be used on multiple cars or only one. like if i had 2 mustangs could i use the same one on it or does something have to stay in the car.

Quick Reply: How to remove factory rev limiter?