5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What the hell is going on with my car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default What the hell is going on with my car?

Today i opened my radiator cap and the fluid was solid looking, like it froze. And then i had to go to work but my step dad worked on it and he said the fluid was really really really cloudy, but they checked my oil and i didnt have a drop of it in my car. Thank god i didnt drive it any more, but yeah. We put stop leak in my radiator since it was leaking and it did stop leaking but then it started to this morning. Could that be because of my oil? or what? its really confusing and we are all confused about what it could be. Why would where the antifreeze goes freeze?
Old 06-03-2006, 02:11 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What the hell is going on with my car?

If it looked like mud it could look like that because someone mixed regular and dexcool together. Believe it or not it makes the coolant look like mud. It could just be no one ever changed the coolant. Pressure test the system and find out where the leak is coming from.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:14 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

and dont use that stop leak crap. its a waste of money.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:18 AM
z24stang
2nd Gear Member

flush coolant system,refil and see how it is after a while.like was said ,could have had stop leak in it before,which would have a cloudy appearance.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:19 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

If it looked like mud it could look like that because someone mixed regular and dexcool together. Believe it or not it makes the coolant look like mud. It could just be no one ever changed the coolant. Pressure test the system and find out where the leak is coming from.
Yeah it looks like mud, it actually was really really light brown like a bashe sorta. And we already have done the pressure test, we cannot find where its comming from , it looks like the radiator since its leaking from around it and we dont see it leaking from any hoses that are visible.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:23 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Replace the radiator if thats where the leaks coming from, do be afraid to remove the fan shroud first then pressure test just to make sure. That little extra work might save you some money. Have a shop use a coolant flush machine (about $50-$70) on your car one you've fixed the leak. It will get a lot of crap out of your system.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:24 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

Replace the radiator if thats where the leaks coming from, do be afraid to remove the fan shroud first then pressure test just to make sure. That little extra work might save you some money. Have a shop use a coolant flush machine (about $50-$70) on your car one you've fixed the leak. It will get a lot of crap out of your system.
I plan on getting a new radiator whenever i get paid. But i definetly will get it flushed out. Thanks for the help man.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:55 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black95MustangGT

Today i opened my radiator cap and the fluid was solid looking, like it froze. And then i had to go to work but my step dad worked on it and he said the fluid was really really really cloudy, but they checked my oil and i didnt have a drop of it in my car. Thank god i didnt drive it any more, but yeah. We put stop leak in my radiator since it was leaking and it did stop leaking but then it started to this morning. Could that be because of my oil? or what? its really confusing and we are all confused about what it could be. Why would where the antifreeze goes freeze?
You don't check your oil?
Old 06-03-2006, 03:22 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

did it look like a milkshake maybe u got a blown headgasket?
Old 06-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

yes i checked my oil a couple weeks ago and it was somewhat low so i put more in and it was fine.

a blown headgasket, we put stop leak in it and it was bashe, im told by some people on here thats what could make it bashe. It was really really light like a tan, and really liquidy if that helps.

Quick Reply: What the hell is going on with my car?