MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Wont Start!! HELP!!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/138397-wont-start-help.html)

MuscleOwnzRice 06-11-2006 07:53 PM

Wont Start!! HELP!!!

Okay, so ive got a 88LX 5.0L 302 and it wont start. Ive tried everything that it could be to my knowledge. So whats happening or not happening rather is that i went to start the car and smoke came out of the starter selenoid area, so i replaced that and checked all the wires for bare ones, found one and replaced it also. I also than tried to start without any success so i checked it with a meter and juice was running through the car when it wasnt supposed to be. I unplugged every single accessory and juice is still running through the car. I really dont know where to go from here. I also removed all the fueses to try and see if those were the problem and they werent. Please any suggestions will help!!!

ooticamitica 06-11-2006 08:10 PM

RE: Wont Start!! HELP!!!

Does it even turn over or does the starter motor click when you turn the key?

PRO50SC 06-11-2006 08:12 PM

Yeah a little more specific description would be helpful.

MuscleOwnzRice 06-12-2006 01:14 AM

No it doesnt click, nothing happens. I used a meter and it said charge is going through the car when the battery is disconnected so i checked all the things it could been to my knowledge such as lights, cigar lighter, anything and found nothing. I really dont know how else to describe it

lorquettimothy 06-12-2006 01:18 AM

man i had a simillar problem with mine i would try to start it and it just wouldn't quite turn over, then some smoke would come out of the hood where the solinoid was, turned out that the ground for the battery that bolted to the engine block was loose and i was over exerting the ground to the body, if this sounds like what your going throug check the ground to the block, as for the ghost voltage thats running through your system i don't know what to tell you.

MuscleOwnzRice 06-12-2006 02:08 AM

alright thanks ill try that and let you know.

TENGRAM 06-12-2006 03:28 AM

ORIGINAL: MuscleOwnzRice

No it doesnt click, nothing happens. I used a meter and it said charge is going through the car when the battery is disconnected so i checked all the things it could been to my knowledge such as lights, cigar lighter, anything and found nothing. I really dont know how else to describe it
thats impossible. if the battery was disconnected there is no way a charge is going through the car. do you have the meter on the right setting? how many volts?

MuscleOwnzRice 06-12-2006 04:14 AM

It obviously is possible somehow;) I have no idea whats going on with it, my dad was doing the testing and hes good at that kinda stuff so ill talk to him and let you know.