So I have $800 to spend at Summit... couple questions so help me out!!! - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:54 AM   #11  
boss429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: So I have $800 to spend at Summit... couple questions so help me out!!!

with everything people have mentioned here and gears, easy 14's.

go with aluminum if you have the extra dollar, they are lighter and just as strong.

I've heard good things about the Granatelli MAF

and cold air tuned is for cars with a cold air intake.

boss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #12  
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

Default RE: So I have $800 to spend at Summit... couple questions so help me out!!!

Quote:
ORIGINAL: OJMiles

Ok...

My goals are: Daily driver, so keep reliability & drivability, but eventually into the mid to low 13's.

Originally I was going to do a swap in a 87 Notchback. I came accross and purchased a 93 auto GT instead... so I'm sending back about $800 worth of ignition and other stuff (actually more but I have a probably local buyer for the intake/carb) that I was going to send back to Summit. I dont want to buy gears yet, since I might be able to get a set of brand new FRPP 3.55's for free. And I dont want to do anything with the transmission yet since I'll have another AOD to get built. I also have about $75 worth of those Summit Bucks, if they'll let you use them all at once, so potentially $875-$900 worth to spend.

So here's I already have for the car:
Car has some sort of aftermarket mufflers, so prob change those later...
BBK Ceramic headers
BBK H-Pipe.
FRPP "B" Springs
KYB GR2 shocks/struts
Poly Motor & Transmission mounts
Poly Front sway bar bushings,
Poly Spring seats.
Jegs Alum Radiator for Manual (going to add an ext. trans cooler)
ProForm Electric Fan.
New Thermostat, Jegs Water pump, FRPP Hose Kit, and water neck.

And here's what I was thinking
New plugs, dunno what to get there
New wires, prob MSD - $75
MSD coil for TFI - $50 - hotter spark cant be bad?
BBK Fender mount CAI - $150
BBK 65mm throttlebody & plate - $225
new >70mm MAF for 19lbs inj... dunno what to get here.. any suggestions? ~$225
Underdrive pulleys... gonna leave off the alternator... Should I get aluminum or Steel pulleys ? - $60-150... I hear ASP is good though.

Any other suggestions, i'm open to them... everybody in this forum is always "you should get xxx instead" so nows your time to tell me :-)

-- OJM/NREMT-P - Richmond, VA

For plugs get autolite #24
For Wires MSD super conductor
the MSD blaster coil is a very good coil
The CAI is more for looks then performance ( you can gain more by puttin in a K&N filter in the stock box and cut the fender opening bigger)
I suggest the C&L 76mm MAF kit great product
steel vs aluminum there isnt really that big of a difference so it just depends on how much money you have left
stanglx2002 is offline   Reply With Quote