5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

FMS MAF conversion kit question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 PM
shakes
2nd Gear Member

Default FMS MAF conversion kit question

I was looking at this kit here

ebay listing

I was wondering, I've been searching the part number on google and I can't find out how big the actual MAF unit is. Anyone know? is it just stock size? If so that would really suck.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:33 PM
ZMAN III

Default RE: FMS MAF conversion kit question

The MAF is the stock size. I bought this kit a year or two ago and then still had to get a larger MAF. There are much cheaper/better ways to convert from speed density. Use the search option and you'll find them.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
shakes
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZMAN III

The MAF is the stock size. I bought this kit a year or two ago and then still had to get a larger MAF. There are much cheaper/better ways to convert from speed density. Use the search option and you'll find them.
Thanks for the info. I've read all the MAF conversion posts and it's something I wouldn't feel very confident trying myself.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 PM
87GTHO
2nd Gear Member

Hey shakes, Iv got an appointment tomorro to get my car converted at a shop in st george,
I bought my parts on ebay from a canadian seller, and in total with a c&l 76mm metre and tru flow inlet pipe , a9l comp and granatelli harness, it was less then 350 , the mass air metre alone is a few hundred new.
So ill let you kno how it goes tomorro night, Im also getting a gt40 intake installed soo it should be running great.

Dont buy the conversion kits. not worth the money and the metre is usually stock.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:19 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

If you aren't confident that you could do it, talk to some of the people here that have been that route and see what parts you need. Then get them here or on ebay and find someone locally that can do the conversion.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:22 PM
shakes
2nd Gear Member

awesome man, please keep me informed... this is prolly THE most important thing i need to get done.

I have a cobra intake sitting in my garage that really wants to be in my engine bay, but would be useless with speed density.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:25 PM
shakes
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

If you aren't confident that you could do it, talk to some of the people here that have been that route and see what parts you need. Then get them here or on ebay and find someone locally that can do the conversion.
will do, thanks gsp
Old 06-13-2006, 11:28 PM
87GTHO
2nd Gear Member

Alright , im really excited , iv been waiting since december to get this stuff done. Il post tomorro night!
Your close to st george arnt you?
age? M?

Look on ebay, its your best bet for any parts, where did you pick up the cobra intake?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:32 PM
shakes
2nd Gear Member

i'm in BC not Ontario

got the intake, bbk shorty headers, bbk off road hpipe, edlbrk waterpump, valve covers, and a bunch more other goodies all either new or slightly used for 1k from a guy in Vancouver (found it in the buy&sell)
Old 06-13-2006, 11:42 PM
87GTHO
2nd Gear Member

Wow wat a lucky buy, wats that site?

Quick Reply: FMS MAF conversion kit question