5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I'm about to drive my car off a cliff.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm about to drive my car off a cliff.

haha idk man

it was painted before i bought it

i forget the name of it
Old 06-15-2006, 06:51 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

That sucks. OK. I was just wondering because it looks like its the same exact color.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

ya it does..do u think its the stock color?

if it is then there are only 3 possibilites i believe

what year is yours? ill look up the colors
Old 06-15-2006, 11:07 PM
kevins 94 mustang

Not sure if the driveability issues are related to the oil getting into the coolant but, have you tried pressure testing the cooling system to see if you can push coolant back into the oil? This may sound odd but, try warming the engine with a pressure tester already installed (to avoid 3rd degree burns from the coolant...) then pull the plugs. Let it sit with with pressure in the cooling system, over night would be best. Then check the oil level, see if it went up (if your not sure, open the drain plug. Water will go to the bottom and will come out first if any got in there) If none in the oil, check the cylinders. This won't tell you whether or not you have a cracked block, but may help in the diagn... If you find coolant in the oil you can check the intake gasket or better yet check the timing cover. I've seen a problem once (first hand) where oil was seeping from one of the waterpump/timing cover bolts. It's been a few years, but I think it was on the driver's side of the block. There could be a crack/opening into an oil galley (oil would be at a higher pressure than the coolant there). Not sure if this would require replacement of the block, but we replaced it because warranty covered it... I would be supprized if you found coolant in the cylinders, since this isn't an over head cam engine (but further testing is better than ripping into an engine and not knowing where to look...)
Good luck

PS, It's the throwout bearing making the noise. Sometimes even new ones are junk...
Old 06-15-2006, 11:59 PM
sick95gt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black95MustangGT

Well lately there has been suspision that i cracked my block. Oil was in my antifreeze but we had used stop leaked before and it had beads in it that worked like oil. We put more in yesterday to see if it keeps leaking and it stopped, so that made us believe it was my radiator. But i just took my car out today and i was flooring it through 1st and its kind of hesitating(a sign of a cracked block) the car isnt smoking at all, it was a little yesterday but i havent started it in a day or two. And another thing is i just put a brand new clutch in about 2 months ago and now it feels like its slipping, i cant ****** my gears anymore at all, i posted something a while back about how when i accidentally rest my foot on the clutch it makes a weird noise like a chirping.
It's really starting to bother me and i don't have money for a new motor if its the block thats cracked.
OK, so doesn't this usually mean you have a blown headgasket?? Does it blow white smoke out of the tailpipes? And to verify what everyone else has been saying about the throwout bearing, it happened to me a few times. It is your throwout bearing.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:21 AM
DriftVic

ill buy your car for $100 pm me if interested
Old 06-16-2006, 05:26 AM
boss429
3rd Gear Member

haha, ill give ya $110
Old 06-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Nope, no smoke was comming out my mufflers at all. Just a tiny little but thats only when it was sitting for a couple days.

100 ****, even if i get rid of it how it is, im looking for 3500. that **** is in mint condition, just the engine is bad.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:07 PM
86gt5.0HO
2nd Gear Member

when you installed the throw out bearing did you apply grease to the inner grove of the bearing (were it rides on the input shaft bearing collar)? If you didn't, that is probably the cause of the bearing and clutch failure. if you don't grease this the bearing will bind on the collar. So you will have the relace the collar.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86gt5.0HO

when you installed the throw out bearing did you apply grease to the inner grove of the bearing (were it rides on the input shaft bearing collar)? If you didn't, that is probably the cause of the bearing and clutch failure. if you don't grease this the bearing will bind on the collar. So you will have the relace the collar.
i have no idea, it was done by a shop, but its going back in today for everything and im going to bring up the clutch being weird.

Quick Reply: I'm about to drive my car off a cliff.