5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what mufflers sound good behind L/Ts dumped?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 07:17 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

Default what mufflers sound good behind L/Ts dumped?

i want to yank my flows off..i think they are too restrictive when you try to make horse power.the neighbors already call the cops on me,cause my car shakes their house.so i don't care how loud they make it as long as they sound good.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:29 PM
TheGmKiller331
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: what mufflers sound good behind L/Ts dumped?

Well i have shorties into 40 series flows and dumps and its quiet.

I would suggest PURPLE HORNIES and bolt them up to your headers.

Or have some tuned pipes (SAME AS THE PURPLE HORNIES JUST OPEN THROUGH INSTEAD OF A GLASS PACK) made at a local shop.

With these you are guaranteed two things one your motor will breathe at its fullest and the cops will get to know you by name.LOL
Old 04-25-2004, 09:48 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

what about spinntechs?i don't think my car is loud either,but the cops came over,and ask me to start it up,and what they told me was it was too loud.plus flowmasters are illigal not to mention so are dumps...they hang right over my axle.tires were rubbing bad. i have another question are you going to world ford challenge next month.i'll be there hopefully they'll let me run. the only thing that might shut me down is my crack in windsheild,and my bra covering up my two tone bumper.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:03 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Where the hell do you live that Flows are illegal? They aren't even the loudest mufflers you can get. What a ****ing retarded law. I have flows on mine and although it's pretty loud, it's still not as loud as a lot of trucks I hear. If you ask me, those little piece of **** imports with fartcan mufflers are both louder and much more obnoxious than a V8 with a healthy exhaust. Those cops need to pull the ****** out of their asses and do something productive besides pick on lame **** like that.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:34 PM
TheGmKiller331
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: USAMuscle

Where the hell do you live that Flows are illegal? They aren't even the loudest mufflers you can get. What a ****ing retarded law. I have flows on mine and although it's pretty loud, it's still not as loud as a lot of trucks I hear. If you ask me, those little piece of **** imports with fartcan mufflers are both louder and much more obnoxious than a V8 with a healthy exhaust. Those cops need to pull the ****** out of their asses and do something productive besides pick on lame **** like that.

I couldnt have said it better myself!SERIOUSLY i couldnt thats dead on!

Yeah FLOWMASTERS are quiet and i dont like mine either!Theyre nothing compared to the rumble of open straight through pipes.

And dumps arent illegal here as long as you have mufflers you are ok with the cops they dont even care about cats they just want mufflers on it.

I figured out why my S.H.O is so much louder than even my mustang it has "AIR MASS TECHNOLOGIES" mufflers on it but i dont know who makes them i would like to get a set of them for the mustang.

Theyre so loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!My taurus sounds better than most mustangs or V8s!