5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

94 GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Supercharger_Man_85
1st Gear Member

Default 94 GT

Ok im buying a 1994 mustang gt all stock except for full flowmaster exhaust. what u all think
Old 06-17-2006, 01:01 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: i miught be buyin 94 gt what should i look for on the car

well factory gears will suk anyways, so who cares.

look for typical rust spots...wheel wells, trunk lip

look for accessory stuff broken, window locks, window motors, just basically try EVERYTHING

pop in on the guy, so he can't have it warmed up or anything, you want to have it drive fine, then first cold start have it bobbing idle all over

not much really, just scrutinize it
Old 06-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Supercharger_Man_85
1st Gear Member

i usually do that anyways i was just wondering like main rust spots or like major eletrical gliches also major recalls stuff like that
Old 06-17-2006, 02:12 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

OK, just bought a 95 GT with a trade in of my old 98 sixer. Look for rust, rust is not something you want to deal with. Check the tire tread, that can be a good indicator of how the car was taken car of by the last driver, in other words if it looks like the last driver was doing a lot of burning out, then don't buy the car, may have tranny problems. Feel the tranny, I know this sounds crazy, but you need to feel if everything is tight, if something doesn't feel right then there may be a problem. Listen for engine noises, don't always mean anything, but can be a good indicator as to where to look, remember, it didn't make that noise when it was new. Exhaust leaks, usually an easy fix, but make sure the exhaust line isn't rusted, then that means aftermarket exhaust + install, and right after buying a new car, that may be a little hard to afford, plus exhaust leaks kill hp and mpg. Look for oil leaks, if it's leaking oil, then you may want to thing twice about buying the car, also, don't just check underneath the car, but check the heads for leaks as well. Get down on the ground and look over the rear axel for leaks, this can cause you to loose your rear end, and if that happens, then you've got a money breaker fix on your hand. While test driving, go to a parking lot that's fairly open and make several sharp turns at slow, then moderate speeds and listen for any noieses or shakes in the steering wheel, these problems vary, but generally these sounds and shakes can indicate a possible broken tire rod, bad tie ends, or allignment problems. Of course, always look over the interior, if the interior wasn't taken great care of then the whole car was probably doged. Check the paint quality, remember a car that old may need a paint job, but it's always good to look it over and get an idea of how much longer it will go before it deffinitly needs one. Also, remember to ask if the car wass smoked in, and for a 3 month 3000 mile warrenty, they don't have to give you a warrenty on the car, but can be a sign of good jesture by the dealer. Hope this helps you out a little in your decision.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Supercharger_Man_85
1st Gear Member

thank this guy wants 4000 for this car it is perfect with aftermaekt wheels only problem a couple 2 inch scratches what u all think woth it
Old 06-17-2006, 09:53 PM
tl86gt
4th Gear Member

lucky jerk..... ill race you as soon as you get it when do you turn 16 trevor?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Supercharger_Man_85
1st Gear Member

srry lied it aint got aftermarket wheels it has full flowmaster exhaust. tyler we doin draggin here i couple weeks i have my car then hopefully see if you can come down we drag and bbq
Old 06-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Supercharger_Man_85
1st Gear Member

september
Old 06-17-2006, 10:06 PM
tl86gt
4th Gear Member

october for me..... uh oh, found a 95 Z-28 dark green auto with new tires, needs A/C work for 3700.... hate to turn you to the dark side, wait your already there hells yea man, ill drag you in an auto SN-95... thatll be a good race
Old 06-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Supercharger_Man_85
1st Gear Member

the guy who owns it wants me to trade my truck and 400 dollars for the 94 gt