MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Boycott Tokoyo Drift (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/140972-boycott-tokoyo-drift.html)

93Mustang5.0 07-05-2006 01:50 PM

RE: Boycott Tokoyo Drift

the sound of it was disgusting. it looked like a sweet car, but just the huge catback exhaust in the back and the RB26DETT was a bad choice... but its the fast and the furious... what can you expect?

the beginning wasnt to bad, when he raced that kid. i'd lose control if some guy threw a softball threw my rear windsheild.

YamahaBound 07-06-2006 11:09 AM

I'm interested in seeing this color, I my favorite car colors are a deep dark blue or purple. Is sonic blue a factory color from some year? anyone have pics of it they could post?

gsxrstang69 07-06-2006 12:05 PM

the mustang with the skyline motor in it[:@] wasnt even the one used for drifting. they used a v8:D in another mustang to do the acutal stunts. The skystang that we thought we were seeing actually had a v8 in it with a fake intercooler and fake massive fart can.

95gt302 07-06-2006 12:51 PM

dont worry i think its far from looking rice in fact when i have the money im doin the same thing

ORIGINAL: 94RoadRacerGT

What, its a cobra R wing. I just machined the ends myself. [>:] Cant a guy get some love for trying?

5.0master 08-20-2006 01:37 PM

every1 keeps sayin skyline motor, they didnt take it out of a skyline they took it out of a silvia its a sr20dett motor that does come in the skyline but most people dont kno that and they think the silvia was a skyline. and as far as the putting it in mustang is concerned i mean if i had 2 race against sum1 and only had that motor and that car i would do it 2, what would you do, plus at least they didnt use a little 4 banger its a high hp 6 and alot faster than a mustang motor so keep that in mind, the only reason they didnt do it and actually used a reg mustang motor in the car is because it would be to time consuming and to expensive to actually do the swap

ACE 08-20-2006 02:32 PM

revenge of the month old post ghostt booooo

PX429 08-20-2006 03:17 PM

Who cares? this is a two month old post. let it die

94RoadRacerGT 08-20-2006 03:18 PM

ZZZzzzZZZ...... HUH? LOL

88stangaruu 08-20-2006 03:22 PM

I wouldnt waste my money seeing that ricer movie. I would rather take my $9 and buy some toilet paper and whipe my ass than see that movie, JMO. The only one i liked was the first one, that black charger made the movie worth watching and the race scene at the end. But other than that...the movies are just dumb, the plots, the actors from the 2nd one on are horrible, i still have yet to see either, i got this opinion from the previews. My girlfriends little brother who is 7 said he thought the movie was dumb and wouldnt go see it and he's basically addicted to Needforspeed underground 2....so theres an example for you.

frdmstng1986GT 08-20-2006 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 5.0master

every1 keeps sayin skyline motor, they didnt take it out of a skyline they took it out of a silvia its a sr20dett motor that does come in the skyline but most people dont kno that and they think the silvia was a skyline. and as far as the putting it in mustang is concerned i mean if i had 2 race against sum1 and only had that motor and that car i would do it 2, what would you do, plus at least they didnt use a little 4 banger its a high hp 6 and alot faster than a mustang motor so keep that in mind, the only reason they didnt do it and actually used a reg mustang motor in the car is because it would be to time consuming and to expensive to actually do the swap

just.. fyi for you man.. the "sr20dett" that you are talking about... is actually called a SR20DET.. a 2.0L 4 cylinder single turbo....1 t in the name because it is a single turbo....a skyline motor is a RB26DETT.. being as stock.. it is a twin turbo 2.6 inline 6 cylinder.... they also had the RB25DET wich was used in the rear wheel drive skylines.