5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

my car feels slower.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:46 AM
94Cobrakid16
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: my car feels slower.

they make let you accelerate a lot quicker. if you wanna know why, then go read up on one of the milion posts that covers gears.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Put it this way, before I got 3.55s, my car would burn rubber all through first gear just from throttle, and then chirp second. Now, my car still burns through first, but goes completely sideways into second, and then burns almost all the way through second. Also, before the gear swap (from 2.73s), first gear felt super strong, but second took forever to start pulling. Now, second feels almost as strong as the way first used to feel. Now, first is somewhat useless, unless I want a smoke show. 3.73s would give you that much more of the good stuff.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:12 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twisted

Put it this way, before I got 3.55s, my car would burn rubber all through first gear just from throttle, and then chirp second. Now, my car still burns through first, but goes completely sideways into second, and then burns almost all the way through second. Also, before the gear swap (from 2.73s), first gear felt super strong, but second took forever to start pulling. Now, second feels almost as strong as the way first used to feel. Now, first is somewhat useless, unless I want a smoke show. 3.73s would give you that much more of the good stuff.
nice. so where can i buy 3.73s? and where could i go to install them? [&:]
Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V6MustangKnight

ORIGINAL: Twisted

nice. so where can i buy 3.73s? and where could i go to install them? [&:]
I'm sure someone else could give you a better answer, but since they're all asleep...
I've seen a lot of ads in the Mustang magazines for gearsets. The prices are pretty good too--like $140. I got mine from the shop that butchered...I mean...installed my gears. They charged me over $200 for the set. At any rate, where do you live? I'm sure someone will chime in tomorrow with some shops near you. Alright, I'm going to bed.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

my car feels slow all the time. i think when u drive it all the time you just get used to it.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:30 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Maybe thats becuase YOUR CALL IS SLOW TIMES!! Haha JP!

You can get a set of Ford Racing Gears for $190 and than just start looking for a reputable shop that installs gears in your area. Check out the regional forums and throw up some posts or do a search. I am sure someone in your area has been on this forum and searched for a gear shop. I am being charged $250 for mine to be installed but I am supplying everything including the fluids.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:07 PM
kevstang87
1st Gear Member

ITS BECAUSE THE WEATHER IS WARMER AND YOUR CAR IS HOTTER. i BET YOUR CAR DRIVES AND FEELS TIGHTER AND FASTER AT NIGHT(ITS COOLER AT NIGHT)
Old 06-22-2006, 12:22 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

My car drives the same all the time Its always slow.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:11 PM
SmokeYoV8

WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT MY SRT4 AND GOT ON IT FOR THE FIRST TIME, I WAS LIKE HOLY ****...MAKES THE STANG FEEL SLOW....BUT THEN I GOT USED TO DRIVING THE SRT4 AND THAT POWER FEELS SLOW TO ME NOW....BUT THEN I GOT INTO MY FRIENDS CIVIC AND DROVE MY CAR AFTER DRIVING THE CIVIC, IT ALL COMES BACK TO NORMAL....TO ME ITS ALL IN MY HEAD SO MY ADVICE TO U IS DRIVE SOMETHING VERY SLOW AND GET BACK IN UR CAR AND U WILL BE HAPPY LOL...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Stiffclutch
2nd Gear Member

well my car is extremely slow atm i mean i give it gas and it won't go anywhere... could be because the transmission is out of it and the battery is unhooked [sm=sigh.gif]

Quick Reply: my car feels slower.