5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

My first mechanical mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:17 PM
foxontheprowl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My first mechanical mod

ORIGINAL: BlazeGT

Im 16, i know 5.0 + 16 year old = not a good idea. I've only been driving for like six months now so i still have plenty of time to realize the 5.0 power.

Oh yeah and i know the CAI isnt good for much power but it looks good. And its supposed to sound good too, but some people say they dont hear theirs so im not sure about that.
at least you realize this, I've seen 16 year olds driving brand new mach 1's that had NO CLUE what that power could do to them and their precious car that their parents bought for them. just be careful, RESPECT the power and the fact that there's a very good chance that the car is capable of a lot more than you are. that said, welcome to the stang world!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:21 PM
foxontheprowl
2nd Gear Member

oh to be 21 again...... I'm nearly 25, I'm entering into geezerhood!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:24 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: foxontheprowl

oh to be 21 again...... I'm nearly 25, I'm entering into geezerhood!
Yeah, I wouldn't mind bein' 25 again. Hell, even 35!![:'(]
Old 06-23-2006, 11:24 PM
tcwc
2nd Gear Member

HEY, leave us 95 year olds alone! ;-) We are still 'kids' at heart too! ;-)

Just bustin. I envy you guys that are 16 and 21, wish I could go back (I'm 38). Like I tell my son (who's 13), THINK about what your going to do before you do it! Don't do anything stupid that someday you will create a post titled "I did something stupid!" Most mistakes are preventable if you just stop and think.

And remember (....as I'm opening up a beer), YOU BOOZE .... YOU LOOSE! LMAO.

Cheers guys.

;-)
Old 06-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tcwc

Just bustin. I envy you guys that are 16 and 21, wish I could go back (I'm 38). Like I tell my son (who's 13), THINK about what your going to do before you do it! Don't do anything stupid that someday you will create a post titled "I did something stupid!" Most mistakes are preventable if you just stop and think.

Cheers guys.

;-)
no shi* man..my friend w/ a 67 mustang jus got a DUI

needless to say hes a freakin idiot and everyone laughs at him now

since its summer and he cant drive his car anymore
Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Cheers guys.

;-)
Excellent points!! Wisdom w/ age!!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:36 PM
tcwc
2nd Gear Member

Yep, there ya go. You got it. IF you do booze (and you shouldn't unless your or age), don't drive your (or anyone else's) baby! At 38, for most things I think I can say 'been there, done that'. This is where my statement about 'thinking' comes into play. I know it's hard when your 'wasted' and this hot chick says 'take me for a ride'. But in the long run, you would be a 'bigger' man for saying 'no, i've been drinking'. She might blow you off just then, but you'll still be alive and your car will be in one piece!

Be safe guys....

Cheers!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

Yep, there ya go. You got it. IF you do booze (and you shouldn't unless your or age), don't drive your (or anyone else's) baby! At 38, for most things I think I can say 'been there, done that'. This is where my statement about 'thinking' comes into play. I know it's hard when your 'wasted' and this hot chick says 'take me for a ride'. But in the long run, you would be a 'bigger' man for saying 'no, i've been drinking'. She might blow you off just then, but you'll still be alive and your car will be in one piece!

Be safe guys....

Cheers!

ill give her a ride..but the only driving would be pile driving

and i dont really drink when i go to the parties i watch all the retards
Old 06-23-2006, 11:40 PM
PX429
5th Gear Member

I drink hard when I'm at a Party (usually cause I'm the one throwing the parties at my place) so therefor I don't need to drive
Old 06-23-2006, 11:40 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Cheers guys.

;-)
What the hell, you don't envy me???!!! I'm 17. just messin, I have alot of respect for my 5.0's, paying for them myself and doing all of the work my self definentally helps teens like me earn respect for their cars.

Quick Reply: My first mechanical mod