5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

My intake install tonight...

Old 06-30-2006, 11:05 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My intake install tonight...

Alright, well, I think that I can get the lower out of there without removing the rails. I hope that it all goes back together right, I'm sure it will.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:15 AM
99mustang0
4th Gear Member

You dont need to take the rails OFF, just move them outta the way. Its gonna be more of a PITA to take them off than to not. As far as the salt and peppa shakers, i just broke the bracket off of them and stuffed em behind the upper intake.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:52 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

I work at a franchise of parts plus, I can probably just get one. I probably don't even need the tool. I just need to weasel the thing out of their, there is one tube attached to a bolt that's holding the lower on and that's it, then I need to swap over my TB and ****. BTW where did you guys put the salt and pepper shaker connectors, it don't look like there's a place to mount them on the TF.
You can get the tool for cheap...I got a set of fuel line / A/C disconnects for $5-7. You won't be able to disconnect them w/o it (unless you've got a couple of small screwdrivers, but that's more work) b/c the tool slides up under a ring shaped spring that releases the fitting. YOu can probably do the lower w/o removing the fuel lines...just unbolt the brackets holding them and you can move them out of the way.

On the "salt and Pepper" connectors you're talking about: I removed the extension between each of them (useless) and stuffed them down by the firewall.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:44 PM
mattkoly
2nd Gear Member

Pretty sure you need the tool, no getting around it...

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

I work at a franchise of parts plus, I can probably just get one. I probably don't even need the tool. I just need to weasel the thing out of their, there is one tube attached to a bolt that's holding the lower on and that's it, then I need to swap over my TB and ****. BTW where did you guys put the salt and pepper shaker connectors, it don't look like there's a place to mount them on the TF.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:48 PM
kl92gt
3rd Gear Member

you can just leave the fuel rail connected and just move them out of the way like 99mustang0 said
Old 06-30-2006, 02:16 PM
fordaorm

Yea bro dont disconnect to FR just unscrew from the lowintake and and fold it toward the Pass frt of the car ive changed my intake twice and replace injectors and done it that way everytime.... Just a thought thoe since your right there a set of alum rails are a BIG plus over stock rails.... You can say "since you had yer intake so much how come you didnt" I miss calculated big time on the cost for me to Do and engine swap ...
Old 06-30-2006, 03:23 PM
paulstang
3rd Gear Member

you dont need to take the fuel lines off you can just set the rails off to the side and will be perfectly fine.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Alright cool guys, I'm still at work on my lunch break and I getting a new bolt for the one that broke, hopefully I can get that bitch out. I'll update you guys later tonight, thanks a bunch!!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:34 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I would recomend replacing your o-rings on the fuel injectors though, I had to pull mine apart a few times after I though I was done because of fuel leaks, but that could also be because i am a crappy mechanic.....
Good Luck
Kev
Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

So you finally got it? Nice lemme know how it turns out and get pics.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My intake install tonight...