5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

installed black dash.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:27 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

Default installed black dash.

getting rid of the tan interior and going all black., got the black dash in last weekend rest will follow soon. went ahead and replaced it when i bought it because the dash pad was terrible and holes from tach in dash.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:29 PM
BCP
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: installed black dash.

ORIGINAL: mustangfxbdy

getting rid of the tan interior and going all black., got the black dash in last weekend rest will follow soon. went ahead and replaced it when i bought it because the dash pad was terrible and holes from tach in dash.

looks good, but you need to get a black instument cluster bezel from a 90-93 car for it now. The stock dark gray 87-89 version just doesnt look right.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:30 PM
BCP
2nd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: BCP

double post.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:35 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

i know ive got two cluster bezels here that are black but neither have the spot for the warning lights in the lower right hand corner like mine in the 89 does. i might get the dye from 50resto.com and dye it black you cant really tell it that bad in person, flash from camera shows it well. but is getting changed along with the rest of the interior.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:40 PM
BCP
2nd Gear Member

i know ive got two cluster bezels here that are black but neither have the spot for the warning lights in the lower right hand corner like mine in the 89 does. i might get the dye from 50resto.com and dye it black you cant really tell it that bad in person, flash from camera shows it well. but is getting changed along with the rest of the interior.
Thats because 89 was the last year for those idiot lights in that position. You have gauges in the cluster, wtf you need lights for?

Just an FYI also the Sail panels for 90-93 have the seat belt holes in different locations so you will need to drill holes for them in the correct spot on the sail panel, the rear seat cushion attaches differently than the 87-89 cars and will require some work to get it right, the HVAC controls are also different, as it the dome light (if you get a 93 headliner).
Old 07-09-2006, 04:59 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

Thats because 89 was the last year for those idiot lights in that position. You have gauges in the cluster, wtf you need lights for?

Just an FYI also the Sail panels for 90-93 have the seat belt holes in different locations so you will need to drill holes for them in the correct spot on the sail panel, the rear seat cushion attaches differently than the 87-89 cars and will require some work to get it right, the HVAC controls are also different, as it the dome light (if you get a 93 headliner).
[/quote]

i dont even pay attention to the idiot lights they never come on anyway and i watch my gauges. so ill probably go ahead and switch one of the ones that are black here out with mine. solves that issue. I have the rear seats out of the car im going to be installing a rear seat delete kit. ill prob. have my headliner redone to black.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:02 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

what are the idiot lights? i have guages and lights on the bottom left near the tach

and surpringsly they work
Old 07-09-2006, 07:24 PM
BCP
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lookinforastang

what are the idiot lights? i have guages and lights on the bottom left near the tach

and surpringsly they work
87-89s had an idiot light cluster on the lower rh corner of the instrument cluster bezel for low water, etc.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Mthd11
3rd Gear Member

id say if you want to make it look one of, paint some of the other trim pieces black so you have a tan/black interior, i think it would look good.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:13 AM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

How hard was it to swap out the dash? Im thinking the interior is going to be my winter project for me.

Quick Reply: installed black dash.