finally got my typhoon lower intake fixed today - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Reload this Page >

finally got my typhoon lower intake fixed today

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

finally got my typhoon lower intake fixed today

Old 07-10-2006, 12:50 AM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

Default finally got my typhoon lower intake fixed today

well i had two bolts that broke off into my lower typhoon intake not long after i bought the car so i had to resort to putting the 5.0 ho intake back on because i broke an easy out on one of the bolts. i noticed a big loss in power when i had to do this. today one of my friends came over and we tac welded a screwdriver to the bolts and got them out , the intake was not harmed when we did this and i cleaned all the threads up for the new bolts. I will be installing the typhoon upper and lower back on the car this week as soon as the gasket set comes in. im interested to see the gains since i took the typhoon off i installed bbk headers, msd igniton, 75mm pro m mass air ford 9mm wires, msd blaster coil. and just now have gotten the car a little quicker then what it was without these mods and the typhoon on so gain should be noticable.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:08 AM
boss429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: finally got my typhoon lower intake fixed today

how did you like your typhoon?

is it a good intake?
any experience with others to compare it to?
Old 07-10-2006, 01:16 AM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

I loved it and could tell when i put the stock back on alot of power lost. but looking forward to getting it back on. it came on the car when i bought it.

cant compare it to others because all the other mustangs ive been in with other intakes either had more mods than me or not as much.

they did testing on the typhoon and with gasket match port job which is easy to do. it outflowed an fully ported cobra upper and lower. for the money it is a great intake clean up the ports a little and go with it. pro50sc on here is running one on his car pm him and he can feel you in more on it. but i loved it and cant wait to get it back on especially since i have more mods on the car than i had with it on the first time
Old 07-10-2006, 01:19 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Your lower intake manifold had threads in it for the bolts that mount the manifold to the heads??? Maybe I'm misunderstanding on what you're saying, did you get any pictures??? But anyways, with the typhoon intake, MAF, headers and ignition stuff that you added you should notice a nice kick in the pants feeling. Did you clean up the ports on the typhoon or just run it right out of the box???
Old 07-10-2006, 01:25 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

Your lower intake manifold had threads in it for the bolts that mount the manifold to the heads??? Maybe I'm misunderstanding on what you're saying, did you get any pictures??? But anyways, with the typhoon intake, MAF, headers and ignition stuff that you added you should notice a nice kick in the pants feeling. Did you clean up the ports on the typhoon or just run it right out of the box???
I think hes talking about where the upper bolts into the lower.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:42 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

oooh, I C. So you actually had bolts broken off in your heads. I had one that broke like that when I did my manifold swap, I also broke an easy out in that bitch, I feel your pain, but I got it all taken care of and now everything's just fine.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:06 AM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

no 2 of the bolts that bolt the upper intake to the lower intake were broke off in the lower intake. the bolts to the head were fine just the ones from the upper intake to lower. ive been running a stock upper and lower until i got the typhoon fixed. so ill be pulling the stock back off and putting the typhoon back on.

the intake came on the car and the ports were already cleaned up.