5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What injectors should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What injectors should I get?

4 grand? thats what ebays for. for 4 grand you could damn near build an engine. i take that back mine is costing nearly 6
Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

just get some whitewall tires
Old 07-11-2006, 12:58 AM
88GT_5.0Stangman
2nd Gear Member

just get some whitewall tires
with 20in rims
Old 07-11-2006, 01:00 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

nah man 14 inch daytons.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:02 AM
mustangchippy90
1st Gear Member

Man, I need a paint job for the entire car that is gonna cost 2 grand. My tranny is fallin apart, which is an annoying automatic. That's gonna cost at least $1600, which I may not ever get. and the suspension on that car is ****ed. On top of all this, I owe my dad 4 grand for buying it for me, which I will NEVER be able to pay him back unless I land some hug *** paying job. The fact is, I want a faster car. I want to sell mine, get what I can for it, and buy another faster mustang that someone has already moded on a bit. I personally think my car is a POS. It's one of these limited edition 7up cars, so if I ever got the money to drop a manual in it, my dad wouldn't let me. I've put at least 2 grand into it now and it still looks bad and is still slow. I don't think I'll ever be able to get the money back I put into it when I sell it unless I find someone who really wants a 7up.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:05 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

No you will NEVER get your money back but that goes for ALL of us. You dont mod cars and sell them and expect to get your money back...... it just doesnt happen. Honestly, I would keep your car. You dont know what a real piece of sh*t is......

KEEP IT AND FIX THE DAMN T HING! You will be way happier in the end.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:17 AM
mustangchippy90
1st Gear Member

I understand what you're saying. but I have a buddy of mine who has bought several cars, moded them, sold them, broke even on them, and he now has a ****in COBRA! and I envy him. It is one of the loudest nastiest things I've ever seen. and here I am, stuck with a rusted, limited edition, automatic, convertable with about 260 horse. I would love a 5-spd coup. don't even really care what color it is. don't care if the guy I buy it from is an idiot. I am just tired of being outpowered and sitting in my slow ugly, falling apart mustang and keep dropping money in it. I'd personally like to cut and run. but unfortunely, it doesn't look like i'm going to be able to. My dad has talked about rebuilding my engine in the future. But I'm thinking I'm gonna either drive the hell out of my current car, or sell it and get somethin a whole hell of a lot better and be much more satisfied with it. And beleive me, I know what a piece of **** is. My dad has one, and so do some of my friends. and I still feel sorry for myself. and the sad thing is, our trusted ford truck that has been in our family for years, is quitting on us, and my dad is gettin a jaguar with a corvette in it. I tell ya, these days... I hope to look into my future and see me ridin down the street in a loud-*** haus of a car with a smile on my face and plenty of money in my pocket to keep moddin it, knowing I've put lots of hours in it already. God knows I've already done that with this car, and it really hasn't done me any good but wantin more, and burnin a bigger hole in my pocket.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:20 AM
mustangchippy90
1st Gear Member

Bottom line is, I don't want to drop more money into a car I don't want to keep. Heck, everytime I get some money to add another mod, I end up havin to spend it on repairs.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:22 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, I know what you mean though... same thing happened with my 88 GT. I layed out more than 10 GRAND on the car and right now its stripped sitting in my driveway with no interior, motor, trans, front end, etc.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:23 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

man. look at this. i spend 3300 on the car. 400 on an intake. and 2600 on a short block that i still havnt recieved. and i cant even drive mine. plus i'll be spending another 3700 for the rest of the build, and i only have 157.00 to last me for the next 4 weeks of school. when i graduate ill be 11000 grand in debt, and to top it off my damn car still cant be driven!

if i were you, i'd find a little beater to drive around thats good on gas, and set aside some money to start building your car up. it make take a few years, but youll get there one day. just gotta keep your eye on the prize my friend

Quick Reply: What injectors should I get?