5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Street Legal? why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 05:16 AM
boss429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Street Legal? why?

ORIGINAL: Stevens91gt

honestly..I DGAF about canada haha

but w/e state, province, w/e you wanna call it..its still in canada

umm haha go ahead..there arent many mexicans here

and im being racist and there are tons of maple leaves on here
lol no man, nothing against beaners
i wouldnt be racist in any way against you unless i was kiddin around.
i mean the damn nates or "aboriginals" or whatever you wanna call 'em
and canadians arent a race lol
Old 07-12-2006, 05:51 AM
X90MustangGTx
1st Gear Member

aww come on man "nothing against beaners" ,did we invade can 2 hahahah.
-sergio
Old 07-12-2006, 06:40 AM
boss429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: X90MustangGTx

aww come on man "nothing against beaners" ,did we invade can 2 hahahah.
-sergio
haha no, theres a couple of your guys around here
but nothing that can't be controlled

haha, just playing.
mexicans are pretty rare around here, just us white folk and the natives
Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 AM
YamahaBound
1st Gear Member

you got fined for an illegal intake? how did he check that? how would they know?

you also said something about a modified exhaust? what is illegal about changing headers since that's all he can check from under the hood without looking under the car?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

i ran straight headers and got nothin but compliments, like" man what you got under that hood", I had a cop stare, but as a compliment, just dont drive crazy
Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

dont worry about offroad parts and getting in trouble using them... the only way you'll get stopped is if your doing something stupid and **** the cop off, then he'll want to give you the book. As far as emmissions go in NY if your cars older than 97 there aren't any requirements.. only that theres an exhaust system there.

Cops have better things to do than look under cars for cat's, besides if they want to be ****** the only thing you'll get is an illegal equipment violation (ticket) and then you go to the judge and play stupid... say I dunno i bought it that way? Works every time... in NY you can correct the violation in 48hrs and get the ticket signed by a mechanic and they drop the ticket.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

^^^ Not true. I have heard of people getting pulled over in Jersey for not having cars. If your next to a cop at a light or something and he has the windows down..... your out of your mind if you dont think he can smell that you dont have cats.... they are not THAT stupid. Also, another main reason why I am going with a catted h pipe is because I dont want to pull up next to a cop and have my car screaming down the road going 20mph... yes thats what I LOVE but not what the cops love.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bad Karma

ORIGINAL: myshifter

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

Its a federal law that you have to have catalitic converters so it is illegal no mater what state your in.
wow thats news to me
Zach,

Actually it's a United States of America Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Mandated Regulation that states "the emissions that a vehicle emits must meet a specific criterium." Part of the Regualtion states that "and motor vehicle with 4 or more tires touching the ground manufactured after January 1, 1976 must follow the EPA's Governed Regulation that any vehicle with a GVWR of more than XXXX and less than XXXXX (I could tell you but I'd have to kill you) must have a Catalyst System (A Catalytic Converter to laymen) in place to treat the exhaust to meet emissions specifications.

It's no damn Federal anything that all cars and trucks have to have Cats on them.

Let me know if you need some documentation...I'll find some for you to put in your crackpipe and smoke.

-Ivan

um, then how come aftermarket companies even say that it is ilegal to remove a functioning catalytic converter?
http://www.a-1performance.com/super_...stallation.htm
WARNING: Federal Law prohibits removal or replacement of properly functioning O.E. Catalytic Converlers.

Complies with EPA Policy and California Code of Regulations Section 2222(h)

The catalytic converters listed in this catalog have been designed, tested, manufactured and proven to meet the EPA policy and conversion efficiency requirements as issued in the Federal Register on August 5, 1986 and November 3, 1987.

The installation of a noncomplying catalytic converter by a named party will be considered a violation of the Clean Air Act, 203 (a) (3), and the violator may be prosecuted accordingly. Any person who causes such violations will also be considered liable under the Clean Air Act.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7upedition

dont worry about offroad parts and getting in trouble using them... the only way you'll get stopped is if your doing something stupid and **** the cop off, then he'll want to give you the book. As far as emmissions go in NY if your cars older than 97 there aren't any requirements.. only that theres an exhaust system there.

Cops have better things to do than look under cars for cat's, besides if they want to be ****** the only thing you'll get is an illegal equipment violation (ticket) and then you go to the judge and play stupid... say I dunno i bought it that way? Works every time... in NY you can correct the violation in 48hrs and get the ticket signed by a mechanic and they drop the ticket.
here in CA, we have mobile smog stations
Old 07-12-2006, 01:15 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Theres a guy across the street from me who has one.... but it just sits on the side of his house and I never seen it leave before Wierd.....

Quick Reply: Street Legal? why?