5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

SLP's Came Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 06:38 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP's Came Today!!!

ORIGINAL: 50mikey

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

make sure your car is warm when you do the sound clip please. so when ya get em on go drive for like 30 mins. i believe the tone will change over a month or so when they get broken in im sure they will be pretty darn loud. my magnaflows were really quiet when i first got em. about a week or 2 later they were the tone i expected =D
I know mine seems to have changed over the months!

One not for the install, make sure you get those clamps nice and tight. The two ends should be toucing the spacer in the middle. I know you were talking about air tools in another thread, i think it was you, but you WILL be using them. I didnt tighten them completly the first time and I got exhuast leaks from every clamp.I manually wrenched em down later and cured it all. (wore me the F out!)
Do you think I will be OK if I just tighten them all down by hand as much as I can and than when Im finished just go over it with the air tools?
Old 07-13-2006, 06:41 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

should be good enuf. cant wait to hear. been thinking about slp myself. i have magnaflows now.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:43 PM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

If you wanna tighten them by hand go for it...but I think you will change your mind!

before you tighten anything, have everything in the right place and half way snug so you can move parts around. Then tighten it when its in the best position.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:45 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

^^ Yea thats what I was going to do... maybe just half way tighten. Get everything perfect.. tighten all the way by hand and than just go over them with the air ratchet. That should definetly do the trick!

Also, Ikey, I was considering Magnaflow but they were too much. I think the SLP's should sound really good. I also have never heard a bone stock fox w/ just SLP's. It should be interesting. Also, BTW, like I said in the first post; the quality is amazing! The whole exhaust looks great and it came with everything (clamps, hangers, bolts, etc. etc. etc.)
Old 07-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

awsome, it should sound great. cant wate to hear it. hows that new car running for ya?
Old 07-13-2006, 06:50 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Its actually running PERFECT STILL!! LoL Its making me not want to mod it because I know as soon as I start working on it thats when the idling issues, etc. etc. etc. come into play lol

Im might be quitting my job within the next month or so and if I do I get like 2k from my pension that I have been putting into, deferred compensation plans, and get paid for my sick days. If I quit..........

ITS NOVI 1000 TIME!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:54 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

OK!! Its time to leave work now!! [8D] I should be installing it within the hour and than I will post a clip whenever it gets done

See ya guys in a few hours!! LATER!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:15 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

hurry up i cant wait to hear her!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Jaggezz
I ♥ Acer

An air ratchet won't put out the torque that you have with your own two hands. A decent 3/8 gun should work well, just make sure THAT YOU DON'T OVERTIGHTEN YOUR CLAMPS WITH THE AIR GUN. Your stuff will all be messed up then.

I'd snug it up with a gun and then tighten it by hand then maybe play with the gun some more. It's up to you.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Pete1113

Hope things work out for you. I was looking at the SLP's and the Borla's for my 95 GT - but then I settled for the Magnaflows because of a friends opinion. I just got mine and I'm having them installed next Wednesday. Geez, I can't wait.

I did hear once that the SLP's really do roar when you get on them. Very good quality too.

Quick Reply: SLP's Came Today!!!