5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

SLP's Came Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default SLP's Came Today!!!

All I have to say is WOW! The quality is GREAT! The tips are beautiful, etc. I got home today and there they were... SLP LM 1's I unbolted my old catback last night but I just need to cut them off and put on the SLP's. A lot of people told me they wanted a sound clip so I will post one as soon as I get them installed. Should be around 7:00-8:00 tonight. Just felt like letting everyone know how nice SLP's are lol haha
Old 07-13-2006, 03:37 PM
LTHL SVT

Default RE: SLP's Came Today!!!

nice those exhuast sounds good, very loud tho lol
Old 07-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

make sure your car is warm when you do the sound clip please. so when ya get em on go drive for like 30 mins. i believe the tone will change over a month or so when they get broken in im sure they will be pretty darn loud. my magnaflows were really quiet when i first got em. about a week or 2 later they were the tone i expected =D
Old 07-13-2006, 03:46 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

^^ Yea, I have heard that before. I guess I will just have to wait and see.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:39 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Nice!! Can't wait to hear it!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:53 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

make sure your car is warm when you do the sound clip please. so when ya get em on go drive for like 30 mins. i believe the tone will change over a month or so when they get broken in im sure they will be pretty darn loud. my magnaflows were really quiet when i first got em. about a week or 2 later they were the tone i expected =D
+1
Old 07-13-2006, 06:14 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

What Im going to do is...

I already got a clip from stock.
Get a clip as soon as I get it on
Get a clip a month from now and compare it.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

WHen you say nice tips, Are they turn downs or are you going have the tips coming out from under the bumper? Cut outs?
Old 07-13-2006, 06:33 PM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

I know mine seems to have changed over the months!

One not for the install, make sure you get those clamps nice and tight. The two ends should be toucing the spacer in the middle. I know you were talking about air tools in another thread, i think it was you, but you WILL be using them. I didnt tighten them completly the first time and I got exhuast leaks from every clamp.I manually wrenched em down later and cured it all. (wore me the F out!)
Old 07-13-2006, 06:36 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well, they actually do NOT make a kit for the GT so I got the kit for the LX which comes with the 3.5' polished tips with the SLP engraving and everything. I am going to see how it looks on the GT if I can even get it on there and if not than I am just going to get cheap turndowns at autozone or something and use them until I get my Cobra bumper... than I can put the tips on. I ran a LX kit on my 88 GT though for a long time and it looks good as hell IMO; only problem though was when I hit a big bump the exhaust would slam against the rear bumper and it actually hit it so hard one day it put like a 1' split up the rear bumper. So if it can fit I will use it, Im getting rid of the bumper anyway once I get the cobra.

Quick Reply: SLP's Came Today!!!