5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

very dissapointed PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

Default RE: very dissapointed PLEASE HELP

ORIGINAL: kevinek

This isnt even a 86 mustang h.o this has the firing order out of a non roller 302 like a truck or a crown vic.What can I do?
no, IT IS A ROLLER BLOCK AND HAS THE SAME FIRING ORDER! damnet, quit giving out crap info people! as fo rpower, it was 200 BHP@ 4000 RPM and 285 ft pounds@ 3000 RPM
Old 07-14-2006, 02:36 AM
kevinek

ORIGINAL: myshifter

Is that what Ill need for this engine a solid roller cam?What about heads are the heads advertised for the 5.0 h.o work alright on

This isnt even a 86 mustang h.o this has the firing order out of a non roller 302 like a truck or a crown vic.What can I do?
so what, run a solid roller cam, makes more power than the hydraulic roller cams, no big deal whatsoever. HO-schmo, nonsense
Im not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Just cause it has the old firing is no big deal. I wonder if its a roller block though, even though its more than likely just has a flat tappet hydraulic cam.
I was just about to order the trickflow head cam and Intake for my car and now Im wondering will that work even if I dont have the roller block?if it will what firing order would I use then?
the heads and intake will work fine, the cam wont. Since the firing order is different I can all but guarantee its just a standard hydraulic flat tappet cam. So either order the heads and intake, then order a hydraulic cam from comp, crane etc... On the other hand if it is a roller block but using a hydraulic flat tappet cam, you could order the roller lifters, hold down and links and then use the TFS cam. Go take the the uppr and lower intakes off since your buying an intake and see if atleast its a roller block, or find a casting number. If it is a roller block just using a hydraulic cam you can use the TFS cam provided you buy the hold down, lifters, links. You really need to find out if its a roller block or not, thats first.
Im sure this is a stupid question but how can I tell when I get the intake off if its a roller block?Thanks,Kevin
let me know if you see two holes directly in the center of the lifter valley that are drilled and tapped. Those would be for the lifter hold down. If there are no holes directly in the center of the lifter valley it's a standard block, but Like I said, its no big deal whatsoever.
Ok thanks Ill check.One more question will my computer be ok with the bigger hydraulic flat tappet cam.I just dont want to tear it apart and never be able to get it to run right.Thanks,Kevin
I am not the efi guru thats a given, Im almost postitive those SD cars work ok up to a certain point. my partner joel5.0 should chime in.
[/quote]
Thanks alot for all the info I feel a little better.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:37 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ok, all mods that you can do to a mass air car, you can do to a speed density car, other than the cam, I have posted correct info about speed density cams YESTERDAY! search my posts! there have been about 5 threads in the last 2 days about speed density
Old 07-14-2006, 02:51 AM
kevinek

Im not really concerned anymore about the sd I just found out by looking at the firing order that I dont even have a h.o motor so if I have to buy a Larger hydralic flat tappet cam will my computer work even though it originally had a roller cam?Sorry if you thought I was still harrasing yall with the speed density questions but now thats the least of my concerns.Im just kind of worried I just paid good money for the car and it dont even have a h.o motor
tuote]ORIGINAL: Twister

ok, all mods that you can do to a mass air car, you can do to a speed density car, other than the cam, I have posted correct info about speed density cams YESTERDAY! search my posts! there have been about 5 threads in the last 2 days about speed density
[/quote]
Old 07-14-2006, 03:07 AM
kevinek

No it does not have the same firing order as a roller h.o the firing order on mine is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 if yours does have the same then you dont have a h.o either.From what Ive read a h.o has a firing order of 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

ORIGINAL: Twister

no, IT IS A ROLLER BLOCK AND HAS THE SAME FIRING ORDER! damnet, quit giving out crap info people! as fo rpower, it was 200 BHP@ 4000 RPM and 285 ft pounds@ 3000 RPM
Old 07-14-2006, 03:30 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

No it does not have the same firing order as a roller h.o the firing order on mine is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 if yours does have the same then you dont have a h.o either.From what Ive read a h.o has a firing order of 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

You do not have a H.O. engine, what is your VIN?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:38 AM
sdmaker
3rd Gear Member

hello read the whole thread, his engine was replaced with a non ho engine.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:39 AM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

read his first post, the motor was replaced and the remanufacturer doesnt do year specific remans
Old 07-14-2006, 03:42 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

read his first post, the motor was replaced and the remanufacturer doesnt do year specific remans
true, but if he has a car running with the other firing order, then the computer should be totally screwed since the computer controls the spray order....It really sounds like the car is a total engine swap.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:46 AM
sdmaker
3rd Gear Member

I know several people that have done efi swaps on bronco's and other trucks. the biggest problem with a mismatched firing order and injection order is a small loss of torque below around 1500 rpm's and also a slightly rough idle, after changing the pin out to the injectors the idle smoothed back out and the torque was regained.

Quick Reply: very dissapointed PLEASE HELP