5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

which would you pick??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Billymac76
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: which would you pick??

ORIGINAL: nacanitihs

id go with a Kenne Bell SC (2.2L) they will run you about $3500 for the entire kit everything you need. and they are a twin screw that goes ontop of ur motor like the ones on newer cobras. check it out http://kennebell.net/superchargers/f...-flowzilla.htm this is what i would go with personally. read all about them on the site its pretty interesting.

and ive heard from alot of ppl on this site that the stock block can hold about up to 500hp

i second that.. there is nothing like the whine of a twin skrew..

kb is what i am hopping for in a few years to come
Old 07-19-2006, 11:43 PM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

if you're going strictly performance then theres no question, a turbo is the only way to go. why? theres not belt to drive the turbo, so it robs no power. the amount of power a turbo is going to give you is significantly higher than a super charger. plus, you can put 2 on as opposed to one s/c
Old 07-20-2006, 12:29 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Hmm.....5literriceeater, you got me thinkin, and kinda stirred up wat I was wondering before, the block can only hold around 500 unless u don't care if ur block cracks...but how much difference does a supercharger or turbo in terms of power when you can only put the engine to about 500 while keeping ther block in mind. So is it really worth getting the turbo to have "more potential power"?? I mean the supercharger has the whine, but the turbo has the better power. As I said earlier though, wat does that mean when they can both push the engines limits?? Does anyone know wat I mean??
Old 07-20-2006, 01:25 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

it just depends on what supporting mods youll have done with the turbo kit.

like r. barn said, good up to 450 with light mods. besides you can always get a stronger block. hell if you wanted to, why not get the block first and build a hellacious engine?

i would get the turbo kit over a supercharger. although i am still thinking about putting an m112 on a 5.0, but not on the engine im building.

besides who needs a supercharger whine when you got a blow off valve
Old 07-20-2006, 01:41 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FiveLiterRiceEater

it just depends on what supporting mods youll have done with the turbo kit.

like r. barn said, good up to 450 with light mods. besides you can always get a stronger block. hell if you wanted to, why not get the block first and build a hellacious engine?

i would get the turbo kit over a supercharger. although i am still thinking about putting an m112 on a 5.0, but not on the engine im building.

besides who needs a supercharger whine when you got a blow off valve
Old 07-20-2006, 01:44 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/ there u go all ull ever need for the street add some head and a cam and ull be over satisfyed
Old 07-20-2006, 02:02 AM
LX 90
3rd Gear Member

if you get that turbo kit then you would need a new block to right?? and how much better would you be if you got a twin turbo??
Old 07-20-2006, 02:04 AM
hellas85stang
4th Gear Member

sc power is there at wot,turbo a lil less..both are good
Old 07-20-2006, 02:07 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

you dont need a new block, unless you start throwing crazy heads and cam and stroker kit in there.

with ported stock heads, mild cam and decent intake they make about 450rwhp at 10psi, thats fine for stock block.

Twin turbos are supposed to help with turbo lag, since you're not spooling up one big turbo but two small ones.
not as big deal these days since new turbo designs have almost done away turbo lag.
They do make some cool "turbo headers" though, that mount small turbo right on each of the exhaust headers.

ORIGINAL: LX 90

if you get that turbo kit then you would need a new block to right?? and how much better would you be if you got a twin turbo??
Old 07-20-2006, 02:09 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Uhhh idk wat happened to my post earlier, it only sent half of it, weird??

But about the new block, would I need to get a bigger one or just a reinforced block of some sort??

..and lx 90, a TT stang, wowwwww!

Oh yea rmodel, sorry I'm new too the car game as a lot of you already know from some of my comments/posts, but with the heads/cam how much hp boost is expected, cuz honestly I haven't the slightest!

Quick Reply: which would you pick??