5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What would you pay for my car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Default What would you pay for my car?

89 notchback. clean title. 5 speed. 107xxx miles. i know everyone claims their car runs strong, but mine runs exceptionally good. it beats 06 GTs.

MODS.

MAC CAI
BBK Chrome Unequal Headers
MAC H Pipe
Flowmaster 40s dumped at axle with turn downs
76mm MAF
180 T Stat
148 Timing
Proform Electric Fan
Brand New Boshe Alternator
March Underdrive Pulleys
Hurst Short Throw
Smog Delete
MSD Blaster Coil
Walbro 255 LPH High Pressure (90 psi max) Fuel Pump
Kirban Adj. F/P Regulator
Fuel pressure gauge under hood
Full tune up
soon to have 3.73s.

interior is clean, a few stains on seats but everything else is good.

Thinking about selling it and getting a lower mileage fox. I need an asking price. Feel free to make suggestions. THANKS!

Old 07-21-2006, 11:30 PM
tl86gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What would you pay for my car?

your car is really nice, but the performance mods arent going to help your asking price much. its really clean tho..... id say ask 4500. couldnt hurt anything. ive seen verts roughly that good for 5 around here
Old 07-21-2006, 11:49 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

I think about $4,500...Michigan right? What did you pay for it?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:58 PM
tl86gt
4th Gear Member

damn dude...... i wish i was patient. my sisters first car cost 4500 and my dad said thats how much i had to spend but preferably less. i jumped my my 86 for 2750 after a couple months.. its not half as nice as your car. if i could, id give you 4500 for that car right now.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

4-5 grand. You beat 06 GTs? What other mods do you have?
Old 07-22-2006, 12:06 AM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

none! i dont know how i beat him! my friend had his dads 06 GT Convertable, and we ran em 3 times. i started a thread about a factory freak, because thats what i was thinking. we raced from a 15 roll, and two 45 rolls. we didnt out of a dig because obviously he has traction control. this also leads me to believe that maybe other things are done to my car, that i dont know of. maybe ported heads or something. the only way to know is to dyno it.

ORIGINAL: Twisted

Old 07-22-2006, 12:08 AM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

It was a STEAL. paid 2600 for it from some guy in Ohio. He had a baby coming, and needed cash fast for the hospital bills. He was like i was hoping to get around 2500, because thats what the bills are. I saw an h piep and new alternator in his garage and i told him 2600 for everything. he gladly took it! i drove away thinking, WOW i cant believe this is happening. i thought for sure he would be asking at least 3500.

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

I think about $4,500...Michigan right? What did you pay for it?
Old 07-22-2006, 12:09 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

I would Give 5K top dollar........you will have to get a "wanna go fast guy" to buy that car since you exterior is stock. Most others want verts or GTs.............
Old 07-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ckyguy68

none! i dont know how i beat him! my friend had his dads 06 GT Convertable, and we ran em 3 times. i started a thread about a factory freak, because thats what i was thinking. we raced from a 15 roll, and two 45 rolls. we didnt out of a dig because obviously he has traction control. this also leads me to believe that maybe other things are done to my car, that i dont know of. maybe ported heads or something. the only way to know is to dyno it.

Yeah I remember your factory freak thread. I think I have a freak too. I've brought my car to three shops (two of which the owners of which drive 5.0s), and all have asked what I have done to it. I told them nothing really, and they were shocked. I too want to dyno my car and find out once and for all. When I bought the car, I searched the thing trying to figure out why it was quick, as none of the other GTs I tested felt fast. Maybe it too is a factory freak.

By the way, I've always liked your car...reminds me of a chp car.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:39 AM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

thanks for the complement! and as for the "chp", what is a chp car?

ORIGINAL: ckyguy68

Yeah I remember your factory freak thread. I think I have a freak too. I've brought my car to three shops (two of which the owners of which drive 5.0s), and all have asked what I have done to it. I told them nothing really, and they were shocked. I too want to dyno my car and find out once and for all. When I bought the car, I searched the thing trying to figure out why it was quick, as none of the other GTs I tested felt fast. Maybe it too is a factory freak.

By the way, I've always liked your car...reminds me of a chp car.

Quick Reply: What would you pay for my car?