5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Help!!!! I'm Having clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Rice_Killa
2nd Gear Member

Default Help!!!! I'm Having clutch problems

well to start off the other night as i was killing a blown 05 i notice i couldn't shift like i wanted and that i had to granny shift like really really slow and easy. well at first i was blaming my shifter because that's what i assumed was causing the problem. well the day after that i got hit by someone running a stop sign and i didn't drive it anymore due to the fact of waiting on insurance and all. well yesterday i take it up to my parents for some body work and decided to take it for a test drive just to see how bad my alignment had gotten knocked off. well on the way back i decided to stomp it from a 1st gear roll and i hit second then slowed down for a stop sign. well when i stopped that was it, it wouldn't go back into gear for nothing. does nothing 1st thru 5th and grinds reverse. so here's the deal will running it does nothing, but off i can put it into gear. if i crank it in gear with the clutch to the floor it takes off. so my thinking is that the clutch cable is screwed. that it pulls just enough to start it but not quite enough to go into gear or keep the car from taking off. so i guess the main question is "do you think a quadratic clutch cable kit will solve this problem?"
Old 07-22-2006, 06:17 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help!!!! I'm Having clutch problems

Your stock cable may have just stretched if it is stock.

I dont think its a syncro because it would just grind, and reverse has no syncro and i being a tremek..., so. If you have a firewall adjuster play with that and see how it goes. It sounds like the clutch is off because the gears lock themselves out so to speak so you cant just stick it in gear without the clutch in, so maybe its staying kinda engaged....which would mean the cable stretched or broke some or something like that.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Rice_Killa
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help!!!! I'm Having clutch problems

thanks imma try it out and see what happens