5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

free horse power

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 03:02 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Default free horse power

this is something that works great on a cold air intake. i got the design from a company called turbonator.com i "borrowed" their dimensions and made my own. i first made 3 vortex generators for my friends F-150 and he was amazed at the performance increase. so i made three for my stang and think i gained 10-15 horses. heres the link to my site http://www.koolpages.com/potatohell/trucks.html they are at the bottom of the page. now i know what your thinking...."ive seen those, they dont work" yes they do! i made them from sheet metal i found in the street so i gained horsepower with out spending money. keep in mind im not trying to sell these to you so you can trust me. im no making money off you (like thos info-mersials) so why would i lie? hope you guys try it out.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:29 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default RE: free horse power

So that REALLY works?
Thought it was just a Hoax...

Also, how are they not getting sucked into your engine?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:35 AM
fuzi0nz
2nd Gear Member

whoz that hottie in the pic?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:46 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

yes Obsol3te, they realy do work, i have no reason to lie to you. i have however heard the tornado ones dont work to well. keep in mind in running 3 of these things in my intake and not just one like the normal person would. i would imagine that you could run 4 even. friction is what holds it in place. there isnt a whole lot of force on the air going into the engine in the first place. if you have a blower, the company recomends putting a small tack of weld to hold it it. plus, its too big to get into the throttle body even if it does come loose.
c0bra, thats my girlfriend.

if anyone wants detailed instuctions, just ask. they take a mere 15 minutes to build.

http://turbonator.com/ heres where the design came from
Old 05-26-2004, 09:14 AM
94BlackGT
2nd Gear Member

Guess it couldnt hurt to try them..they're free afterall..
Old 05-26-2004, 12:12 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

so u just put them in the intake pipe....no welding or anything...they just sit in there....or should you bend it a little so its a tight fit?
Old 05-26-2004, 12:35 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

For it to hold in place, Im sure they are a little bigger than the tube and you can compress them in and the tension is gonna hold them in place. in all honesty though - I see the reasoning behind this but I honestly don't think it will work. Now, it may infact swirl the air - but the mass air meter and screen in it is gonna straighten it out. And if it gets past that still swirling, whats gonna happen to it when it starts taking the path of the intake runners and gets split up? I honestly think this thing's gonna create more of a restriction than a gain - and I doubt seriously the air is gonna be spinning when it reaches the plenum - let alone all the way through the intake into the fuel and into the comustion chamber. Those "tornado's" have been around since fuel injection became popular - hell my father-in-law even got one for his blazer. He "swore" it added "alot" of horsepower when he first put it in - but 2 weeks later he was complaining that his car drives like **** and his gas mileage sucks - he threw it in the trash after the company refused to take it back.

Its a good idea, but I just don't think it will work. As long as its been around it woulda caught on by now if it actually produced results. Just think - Auto manufaturers spend million, if not billion, of dollars each year paying engineers to develope better ways to increase performance and economy - and this idea had been around forever. Do you think theirs a reason that those things don't come in vehicles from the factory? Remember when Ford made those turbo-swirl heads? Same principle - wonder why they only did it for a couple years?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:11 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ya, they just sit in the pipe with no welding. they go after the MAF sensor though. mdvaldosta, i understand your skepticism, i was the same way but you cant argue with results. my mustang has never run as good as it does now. its up to you if you want to try it.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:19 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

While im not gonna try it, I am interested to see what other people say if they do try it. If you can market the product, why not sell it? Most people don't have the ability or tools to make that - and you've got a web site - you should market them for a reasonable price - say $19.00 or so - Im sure people would try it.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:44 PM
EmptyEvergreen
3rd Gear Member

i dont know about that tornado thing man, "supercharge any car for 59.95" ive sen dynotests where a car lost power after one of them was put in things that are too good to be true usually are

Quick Reply: free horse power