5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

morons

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Ecstasy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: morons

well also the newer stangs dont have as much torque, the 5.0 was made a while back. compared to the cars in its time, it was really good. the new shelby weighs 4000 lbs also the 04 cobra is actually faster with 390/390 stock instead of 500/480 or w/e the shelby specs are.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jjbg86

the new shelby gt500 is runnin 500hp and 480 lbs of torque last time i checked the gto is runnun 400 across the boards And as teh 350z and the 05 it is close but the gt is a little on top ( 350z= 300hp and 270 torque redlined 0-60=5.4) (05 mustang 300 hp and 320 lbs torque 0-60= 5.1) i will get more time and look the rest up and as for the trailblazer what wouldent be fast with a vette engine!! its runnen 0-60 in 5.7 sec

Lets look at real-world experience and numbers, not Chris Evans' times. 0-60 doesnt mean crap, if it did, the Evo8 would be on par with a C5 Z06 in the 1/4 mile. And yes, some people are running mid-low 13's out of a trainblazer, and yes, a TON! of people on this board run 13.7 or slower in the 05+ GT's.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:05 PM
gsxrstang69
3rd Gear Member

people just should talk so much **** about sumone elses car that they dont even know about. You cant say you can beat them or their car is slow until you really findout. I mean yes some cars are obviously going to lose but until the race is over you never really know. Just dont talk **** and race.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:18 PM
88ragtop
3rd Gear Member

I like it when they they think my mustang or all mustangs are slow. Its makes it that much better to see their face drop when I smoke them by 3 or 4 car lengths or more.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:45 PM
94RoadRacerGT
2nd Gear Member

I have to say, dont hate me, but I didnt like Mustangs that much until I bought one. I have to admit. When I bout my stang I was shopping for a weekend racecar to take out to the track. I was on the right path looking at older 280zs and thinking about 240sxs and stuff like that. But my pops worked at ford out here and got a car on trade that I had to come see. So I stopped by, and took a look at it, wasnt too impressed but once I drove it I fell in love with it. Did some home work, found out that upgrades were about half of what more cars were and scooped it up on site the next day. Well that was a few years ago and since then I have fallen victim to the dark side of being a mustang owner. Late nights online looking for parts, chatting on forums, and always looking for that next up grade.... Owning a mustang is not just owning a car, its more of a pride thing for me now.

[sm=usa.gif]
Old 07-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Dath
2nd Gear Member

I have fallen victim to the dark side of being a mustang owner. Late nights online looking for parts, chatting on forums, and always looking for that next up grade.... Owning a mustang is not just owning a car, its more of a pride thing for me now.
[sm=welcomesign.gif]
Old 07-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94RoadRacerGT

I have to say, dont hate me, but I didnt like Mustangs that much until I bought one. I have to admit. When I bout my stang I was shopping for a weekend racecar to take out to the track. I was on the right path looking at older 280zs and thinking about 240sxs and stuff like that. But my pops worked at ford out here and got a car on trade that I had to come see. So I stopped by, and took a look at it, wasnt too impressed but once I drove it I fell in love with it. Did some home work, found out that upgrades were about half of what more cars were and scooped it up on site the next day. Well that was a few years ago and since then I have fallen victim to the dark side of being a mustang owner. Late nights online looking for parts, chatting on forums, and always looking for that next up grade.... Owning a mustang is not just owning a car, its more of a pride thing for me now.

[sm=usa.gif]
i was always a GM fan. then my dad grabbed me up an 86 LX 2.3L mustang, i feel in love with that car. i did plenty of research and figure out how stuff was so cheap for it. we dropped a 2.3L turbo engine in it and still havnt completed that project. i now have my GT =D parts are still cheap and its sooo much faster. sure my friend has a GTO that would romp on my car, whoopdy do. GM loves to produce their HP we all know that. sure mustangs arent the fastest performance car in america, the point of the mustang is style and performance for PRICE. thats why the mustang sells better than the other guys, its cheap and decently fast and you can make it plenty faster given the time and money. i love my 5-0 to death i hope i never have to get rid of it.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:12 PM
EADracing93
1st Gear Member

who cares. where i live everyone just hangs out together in a big grocery store parking lot. all the mustangs, camaros, lifted trucks, bagged mini trucks, hondas or "ricers" as everyone calls them. everyone just kinda hangs out with everyone around here. ture, they all talk **** but thats natural among car people. we end up racing different cars every weekend down old hawkinsville road, or horseshow road or down I-75. and whoever has the slower car knows there getting beat, but we do it anyway. its all in fun, talking ****, driving fast, modefying, and getting drunk with each other. there are several import cars around town that will completely obliterate any highly modified mustang or camaro around town, including a 1,000 hp street legal supra, and a 10 second subaru wrx
Old 07-29-2006, 04:23 PM
randybobr
2nd Gear Member

Just look at the streets they are covered up with Mustangs i love mine.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:27 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

this is true ive only met one person that drives a honda and realizes that hondas are slow stock and that a catback and cai doesnt do much for them,..... every other kid around here thinks combined those two mods give u 25-30 hp
ORIGINAL: boss429

haha those people also think an intake and muffler give them an extra 40hp at the wheels [&:]

Quick Reply: morons