5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

wow, 1 good thing came from F&F

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 01:21 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default wow, 1 good thing came from F&F

anyone seen this car yet? i got this for "free" from buying a case of syntec. (free after buying $75 in oil...lol)

1:16 scale i think , '67 FB (bad pic...cheap cam can't get a good closeup)

Old 07-31-2006, 01:39 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: wow, 1 good thing came from F&F

pretty sweet i want one
Old 07-31-2006, 03:43 PM
2 kwik
I ♥ Acer

dubs
Old 07-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Stiffclutch
2nd Gear Member

Is that one modeled after the one in F&F drift if so isn't that the one powered by the nissan motor???
Old 07-31-2006, 03:55 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

yeah it's the tokyo drift car i guess, so must be a ricer motor.

i know nothing about the movie, didn't even know a stang was in it.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Stiffclutch
2nd Gear Member

jep it is http://cars.ign.com/articles/710/710765p1.html

edit link didn't work
Old 07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

lol...yup thats it, i just looked, the turbo on the model is smaller and the strut tower brace is HUUUUUGE !!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:00 PM
dpritch87

I doubt I'll ever see that movie, purely for that reason. Putting an SR20DET in a Mustang is just dumb...even if you wanted to do it, it would take a lot of custom work. It couldn't be done in a short period of time like it was in the movie. (From what I've heard, the guy who owns the mustang in the movie blew his motor up, and since he was in japan he couldn't find a replacement, so he put that motor in it instead.) Not only that, but stock SR20s only make around 200HP, and they wouldn't have enough torque to get a heavy car like a Mustang off the line. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Eh, whatever sells...

Nice model, though.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
DriftingRz
2nd Gear Member

well when i saw spyshots of it before movie came out, i wasnt happy, but after seeing movie (i dl'd it) it was his only choice for an engine
Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 PM
5Liter Import Eater
2nd Gear Member

i seen the movie and i still think the first fast and furious is the best one, but nothing beats gone in 60 seconds... the best japanese car is the supra and i cant believe that kid put a nissan motor in his father's mustang. if you havent seen the movie this kid lives in the states and keeps getting in trouble speeding and other violations so they keep moving all over the country and it opens with a hot car scene where he has an old beat up looking monte that beats a brand new rich boy's dad's viper.. that was the best part. but then the cops tell him he's either gotta go to jail or move in with his dad who lives in tokyo so he moves over there and meets some kids who are all about drifting and the one dude lets him try it out in his nissan 240sx and he smashes the car all up so the only thing good left on it is the motor. and his dad has an old mustang that he's trying to fix up so by the end he has to drift race the drift king and doesnt have much money or a car so he takes the motor from the 240 and puts it in the stang and him and his friends hook it up. I mean the only cool part about that is that he was all about muscle cars but your cant drift in a muscle car so instead he puts a nissan motor in a muscle car body so he can drift but it still killed me to see them put a nissan motor in a mustang and the sound killed me even more.

Quick Reply: wow, 1 good thing came from F&F