5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

TwEEcer??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:45 PM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Default TwEEcer??

Exactly how does a Tweecer work? I have a SN95 and have adjusted the timing manually but it says it does a WHOLE lot more..........Is it worth the 380.00 for the base model? If it can control shift points, etc.... then it will probably be worth it.........

Has anyone put one in and how well do they work? What do you guys think???

Old 08-07-2006, 10:45 PM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: TwEEcer??

I see these on a lot of post so someone knows something........................
Old 08-08-2006, 12:17 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

When you adjust the Base Timing (by turning the dist.) you adjust all of the point in the timing table.
Without the tweecer you can advance timing across the entire spectrum.
With the tweecer you can retard the timing at idle, and advance it at WOT. Or vice a versa. Or any combination you can dream up.

The same flexibility exists with fuel curves.
Changing the fuel pressure at the regulator is a hack way of adding fuel, and it really does not work.

The base model is not worth $380.
However the RT model is worth much more than the $525 it will cost you. Being able to datalog (the only difference between the base and RT) is the only real way you can make intelligent decisions on your tune.
Few other tuners offer the ability to datalog.

Check out Moates.net as an alternative. I think the price will be about the same, and I believe they have an option to datalog as well.
Their stuff isn't quite as user friendly though (in my opinion, others may disagree).

The best thing you can do is go to the tweecer website and download the software (you can download the software for free).
Play with it a little to get a feel for how it works.

let me know if you have other questions,

jason
Old 08-08-2006, 12:52 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Jason.

I thought the nicer version would be the way I would get steered............looks like you can see what you car is doing and when and how.....all good stuff.

I will also check out the Moates.net as well and see what thats all about. Is it the same as the tweecer just different?

How much control doyou have over the motor and other things..............how do mods effect it? Sorry but reall curious.

Clay
Old 08-08-2006, 01:00 AM
12pointracing

I have downloaded the software and played aroudn with it a bit, but from a user interface I am left asking "what the hell does {this} do?".

Is there a guide of the top 5 things to change, and/or a translation guide that explains/translates the pulldown menus into what it actually is?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:08 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

dont get the base model... the R/T is WELL worth the extra

also 12pointracing.. there is a full support forum for tweecer using
Old 08-08-2006, 01:25 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

There is a "Tweecer Manual" but it is not highly regarded. It will guide you through the initial setups that need to be done.
The manual is also free to download on the tweecer site, and located on the same page as the software download.

1. load your MAF Transfer (as supplied my the maf producer)
2. change your injector settings to match your aftermarket injectors.
3. change the injector timing to correct for long duration/overlap cams
4. adjust your injector voltage offsets.
5. correct your cubic inch displacement setting to match your stroker (if applicable)
At this point you should notice a major improvement in idle quality.

The list goes on, and I probably forgot something.

There is an official tweecer support forum which is a yahoo group. The developer of the tweecer monitors this site, but does not post. If you post a question for him there he will respond directly to you via email. In my experience Mike has been very quick to respond, and very helpful.

There are better sites though as the yahoo group forums aren't very user friendly.
EECTuning.org
and
EEC-Tuning.org
are both good sites.

Also there is a newer forum on Stangnet under the 5.0 tech forum, which is focused on EEC tuning.

Yet another tool that is of great help is EEC Analyzer.
This program will help you to analyze your datalogs, and make adjustments in your tune.
It is a mere $50 to download, and is worth every penny.
You can down load the EA software, but the functionality will not be there (it won't do any calculations).
It is helpful to look over the notes and definition in this program however.

jason