5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

SHOCKED! news to me about foxes

Old 08-09-2006, 12:58 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SHOCKED! news to me about foxes

MM=Maximum motorsports

www.maximummotorsports.com

Good stuff there and they're working on getting their tech page up which had lots of good info on the old site.
ORIGINAL: BascoSauce

hey thanks for the help but does MM stand for something?

i tried googling it and couldtn find anything really in terms of buyings, just info about them from forums which would be helpful, but since im at work i needta disguise my internet time wisely so i dont get caught!

i'll read up on them on the train ride home
Old 08-09-2006, 12:59 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

!!!!!!!THANKYOU!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 01:05 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yes it is very possible to run 10's with a decent h/c/i blower and a nice suspension upgrade BUT people forget about the little things... like subframe connectors, torque box reinforcements, fuel pumps, injectors, gauges, misc parts, hardware, upgraded transmission, etc. etc. etc.

It really does add up pretty quick!
Old 08-09-2006, 02:58 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

ha yea, but i figure i'll save quite a bit of money for getting everything at a discounted price AND not paying anything for instalation! God bless friends who's fathers own shops!

Any other people got ideas for suspension, i went on the MM site but it seemed like none of the kits would work for my 93' GT, there was one kit but it was for verts, does that make a dif?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:16 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

I think chassis bracing is the most important thing you can do to a fox. In order heres how Id do it - sub frame connectors, panhard rod kit, torque box reinforcement, rear upper and lower control arms, strut tower brace, front lower control arms, eibach pro kit springs, tokico illumina shocks and struts (5way adjustable), and a g-load brace for the rear. That right there will make your car very rigid, not to mention safer and corner a hell of a lot better.
As far as the M3 is concerned, they are probably one of the best handling cars out there, theyre fairly fast. If you drag em from a dead stop with minor bolt ons, you should be able to take em, from a roll he'll get ya for sure. I believe theyre rated at 315 or 330hp depending on the year, and they have a close ratio trans in em so theyre acceleration from 30-120 is damn good.
I think your FIRST engine mod should be a set of heads, preferably trick flow or air flow research, IMO they make the best heads for the $$$$$. Dollar for dollar youll get the most power out a good set of heads. Granted you will need to do other things to get the full potential, but if all you did was put on those heads, a nice cam and get it tuned, you would be low 13's high 12's, more than enough to smoke that M3. Just my .02
-P.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:29 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

the m3 model he has only comes with 240hp, but amazing handling, i think he'd get me off the line but despite wat you think.

and the quartermile time is 14.3, but when this kid races he always messes up a shift, and effs up his launch! So i think a few good mods and i'll take him for sure, im not really trying to mod the stang to beat some punk @ss kid though, i just wanna sweet ride!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:34 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

240???? wtf? My friend bought a '95/'96 brand new, it was rated at 315. Thats probably at the crank, but still it isnt 240.
Anyway, the stuff that we all pointed out to you is pretty important and will make your car last. If you do not brace up the car, you will notice that you will start to hear squeaks, rattles, creaks and even loud bangs (when you break it) coming from the rear of the car. 9 times outta 10, itll be your torque boxes coming apart.
ANd for your motor, ask your friends dad and the techs at his shop about my recomendation and see what they say.
-P.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:59 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

2 words, SHYT YEAH.

you spend $5,000 on a mustang and whoop some serious a$$

i just dropped $2,800 worth of new heads and intake and exhaust on my '89
and once I get everything dialed in should be able to hang with Vets and SS Camaros
and whoop a$$ on M3's and 350Z and boxters

slap a good $5,000 turbo kit on a stock 5.0 and make 500 engine hp.

So in the post I made earlier about the showdown between the s4 and c-1500, if you saw it, you should be familiar with with the b!tch@ss kid who has an M3. If you didn't, he basically thinks imports always beat domestics and that his STOCK m3 is the faster ish to touch pavement.

Anyways, I told him a I had gotta 5.0 recently and he laughed! He was bagging on them because of they're stock 1/4 mile times and the good old "u have a redneck car."

So my friend korey, who owns the c-1500 and who's dad owns an auto shop, says that's BS, if I spent 2 grand on bolt ons I'd be running 12's, and then if I slap an S/C on top of the, get better suspension, gears, and tires, I'm good for high 10's. Three people agreed with him, and these people know A LOT about cars. But since you guys know A LOT about foxes, is this true? If I do bolt ons and a supercharger along with the other added mods such as the ones I listed above, will it produce a 10 second car?

Thanks, I just wanted some opinions because I honeslty didn't know it was that easy!?

Ha unless its not and they don't know what they're talking about
Old 08-09-2006, 04:01 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

?????? New M3 is rated at 333hp at the crank.

5.0 with good heads and cam and such good for 350 at the crank

the m3 model he has only comes with 240hp, but amazing handling, i think he'd get me off the line but despite wat you think.

and the quartermile time is 14.3, but when this kid races he always messes up a shift, and effs up his launch! So i think a few good mods and i'll take him for sure, im not really trying to mod the stang to beat some punk @ss kid though, i just wanna sweet ride!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:41 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

GUYS THE M3 IS NOT NEW! its olddddddddd, im pretty sure its a 1995, which when googled shows up as 240 horsepower!

if google is wrong then sorry!

I know the new m3's and m5's are hella fast, but the old ones? just nice handling with some kick for a 3.0

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SHOCKED! news to me about foxes