5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

self proc;aimed dumbass

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:49 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Default RE: self proc;aimed dumbass

Is that kinda like when youre wandering around looking for your safety glasses, and then you realize that their on your face???
-P>
Old 08-11-2006, 07:55 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P Zero

Is that kinda like when youre wandering around looking for your safety glasses, and then you realize that their on your face???
-P>
I think so.... [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 08-11-2006, 09:01 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

how about this 1 for all you aod guys. I replaced my alternator and fired her up sounded great! so i went to blockbuster with a friend and got a movie. When i get back in i try and start her up and NOTHIN. Im like dammit what now[:@]... so i check the batt., its fine, i know the alts fine cause i just changed it. So i figure either the starter or the silenoid went out. I go get a silenoid and replace it and try it again...nothin! WTF! Then i look down............. dammit i left it in 1st the gawd damn time! pop it in park and she fired right up. What a dumbass i am.[:'(] well at least i got a fresh silenoid in my car...
Old 08-11-2006, 09:05 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 89GTRed

how about this 1 for all you aod guys. I replaced my alternator and fired her up sounded great! so i went to blockbuster with a friend and got a movie. When i get back in i try and start her up and NOTHIN. Im like dammit what now[:@]... so i check the batt., its fine, i know the alts fine cause i just changed it. So i figure either the starter or the silenoid went out. I go get a silenoid and replace it and try it again...nothin! WTF! Then i look down............. dammit i left it in 1st the gawd damn time! pop it in park and she fired right up. What a dumbass i am.[:'(] well at least i got a fresh silenoid in my car...
you were drinkin werent you... [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 08-11-2006, 09:06 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

haha well reading this post makes me feel a little better about stupid stuff i do too. thanks guys!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:20 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

you were drinkin werent you...
[[sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 08-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Back when I was fixing bikes, I made a big mistake--the only serious mistake I made in three years. A guy brought in a crashed Kawi ZX7--I think it was a '99 model. Beautiful bike. I had to replace the swingarm on it, as he had had a little spill. I was working on two or three other bikes at the same time--all of which needed to be done by the end of the day. Well, I pressed in brand new bearings, and mounted the swingarm in relatively short order. I mounted the brake caliper assembly and wheel onto the axel, and torqued everything down...so I thought. I didn't have time ride the bike after fixing it. Well, about two weeks later, the owner of the bike comes in and explains how he was riding the bike, hit the brakes, and the rear caliper spun on the axel, as it was not torqued down correctly. He was explaining this to my boss/business partner. From the other side of the shop, I felt myself shrinking as I listened to him telling the story. I continued to shrink until finally, I was small enough that I was carried into the sky by our ventilation system. I felt like an idiot. Luckily, the guy was real cool about everything. He never brought the bike back to our shop again though. After that, I triple checked everything, and rode every bike before releasing them to customers.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 PM
will
2nd Gear Member

Here's 1 for the books, I had a 89 f250 7.3 diesel and the rack went bad in the steering column so I had to jump the solenoid to start it. I let my wife borrow the truck and forgot to tell her that I fixed it. She drives a 5 speed so when she parked it she left it in gear(auto) When she went to leave she popped the hood and jumped the solenoid, right thru her dads fence, across the yard and hit a tree... all the while she was running after it HA HA HA
Old 08-13-2006, 05:05 AM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

haha damn, good thing it didnt run her *** over bro!
Old 08-13-2006, 05:16 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

Well this isnt me but my buddy almost got me killed.

Well my Draglites were getting kinda grungy so i was taking them off to buff them, well i did one of my fronts and my buddy did the other, he got tired and had to work that night so he went in the lay down, he put the wheel back on and tightened them down while it was still on stands, they never got as tight as needed. Well i got all the wheels done and decided to head over to my girls house that night. Well i was headed down the highway about 70mph, well the whole car started shaking badly, the steering wheel was vibrating like it was going to come off the column. I pulled over and got out and walked around my car, my passenger side front tire had almost come completely off. It was on the hub sideways and had broken 2 of my wheel studs off. This is on a 4 lug car btw. So i had to baby it home and when i got there had to run all over town trying to find 4 new studs and a new pack of lugs. Bastard cost me $45 for everything.

Quick Reply: self proc;aimed dumbass