5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Made a decision... buying a S/C this week, but I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 04:23 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default Made a decision... buying a S/C this week, but I need your help!

Okay, I was originally thinknig of getting the 9 PSI powerdyne, but after thinknig about it, I decided to wuss out on them and spend the extra $$$ on getting a Vortec instead. Now I have decided on the Vortec V-1 S-Trim. I was looking at the V-2 SQ but why would I want a quiet S/C? Anyway, the price for this system is $2,549.98 including shipping. It is listed on a website that gets blocked or censored out when i try to enter it here (I suspect it has something to do with possible spamming problems in the past, but I'm new so I can't say for sure) The site is "cool blue performance.com" without any of the spaces. Here's what the kit includes:
Mustang Supercharger System with V-2 SQ Trim for 1994-1995 5.0 Mustang GT/Cobra

Features Include:

-Adds 104 horsepower in base kit form
-Adds 85 ft/lbs of torque in base kit form
-6-8 PSIG in base kit form
-Capable of 20 PSIG
-Cabable of supporting up to 680 horsepower
-Maximum airflow of 1,000 CFM
-Satin finish or Optional Polished finish
-Includes either V1 S-Trim (noisy) or V2-SQ (super quiet) S-Trim of your choice
Compressor matched, computer aided designed and machined Vortech centrifugal supercharger
-OEM style 356 aluminum mounting brackets heat treated to T-6 specifications for strength
-Flow-tested cast aluminum and/or roto molded urethane inlet ducts and discharge tubing
-Heavy duty mounting hardware, including stainless steel clamps, and nylon tie wraps
-Heat resistant silicone hose coupling and premium grade flex hose
-Integrated belt tensioner and premium grade drive belt
-High flow air intake system with a K&N air filter
-Heavy duty engine oil lubrication system
-Supercharger drive pulley
-Step-by-step, fully illustrated installation manual
-Compressor bypass valve assembly
-BTM
-FMU Fuel Management Utility
-T rex inline fuel pump
-3 year warranty
Just two questions before i actually click the buy button on this.

1) Most of you have been around here a lot longer than I have. Do you know anything about this vendor? I like the price (keep in mind this is a 1995 GT, so it's going to cost more than the 87 - 93 models) and they seem okay, but it must be blocked for a reason. Just trying to find out why. If this vendor is bad, are tehre any others that are priced reasonably that have this item in stock? I'm hoping to get it in my hands and installed before the end of August.

2) What else would I need to purchase that this kit doesn't provide? Other than what's in my sig, I'm pretty much stock (minor suspension mods that aren't listed.) I do have access to 30# injectors but I don't have a better fuel pump. Is the fuel pump the only other thing I need to get? I will need to get a chip as well won't I?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:26 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Made a decision... buying a S/C this week, but I need your help!

You will need the fuel pump, tune, calibrate your mas, suspension mods, etc.

Nothing too major. Did you ever consider going with a KB?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:32 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I figured the fuel pump, and was gonig to get that. Just wasn't sure of anything else. As far as a tune, etc... a friend I work with is helping me put it in and he has a dyne, etc. So I can get it tuned and tested for free right there. I just ahte to bug him too much so I want to make sure I have everything lined up before I got there and got everything apart.

I never even looked at the KBs. igured they were too pricey. I was looking in the $2k - $3k range for the S/C and was gonna spend an extra $1k - $1.5k on other small mods like suspension upgrades, etc. Not looking for anything too big. Just a simple 6 PSI to 9 PSI blower.

So as far as hardware for th S/C itself, just the 30# injectors and the pump? I can't think of anything I am missing with this, but I've looked at so many kits I can't be sure.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:34 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Bigger injectors are definetly a possibility.

Also, a brand new KB only runs about $3,100. You can get them used in the low 2K range.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:45 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

demmit 88! Why do you always have to make it harder on me? LoL. Right when I was ready to go for the Vortec, you've got me looking into the KB! It looks like I would need the TS1000-94 for my particular vehicle (sn95.) Now I just have to find one for under $3,200 and I have to figure out what else I need in addition to S/C itself.. such as injectors, pump, etc... Although It looks like I will need the same stuff I would need for the Vortec.

Damn you for making my decision harder! LoL. Now where can I find one at a slightly better price? It' sso much harder finding parts for the 94 - 95 years than it is for the 87 - 93 years.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:46 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

give me one second........
Old 08-14-2006, 04:48 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=813943

I'm guessing you would need the adapter. It comes with everything that you need except for the fuel pump

Check the corral.net There are tons of people selling all different kinds of power adders.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:50 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

HERE IT IS...... JUST FOR YOU!!!

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=823145
Old 08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Ahh, but you forgot something. I have the pain-in-the-*** 1995 GT (sn95.) So the good stuff for the 87 - 93 won't fit. I got one of the years that needs special attention (94 - 95.) Special attention means more money ;( Lucky me, LoL. I'll have to preuse those forums though. never knew about them! Thanx!
Old 08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

damn, NM.. looks like you nailed it on the second post, LoL.

Quick Reply: Made a decision... buying a S/C this week, but I need your help!