5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:33 PM
JeffUtica
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I need help

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

It depends what your plans are. If it was mine and was a daily driver, I would go w/ the stage 2 cam and the track heat. Since it's a 347, you shouldn't lose too much tq and it will be a monster in the upper rpm's. I would suggest getting the motor blueprinted and balanced to ensure longer life w/ the higher RPM's.
Yup, I agree.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Twotone93stang
2nd Gear Member

So yall are saying i should build the stang up and then buy another car to be my daily driver. With yall sayin im not gonna get great gas mileage im either gonna only do a 331 stroker kit or just build the 302 block up because i only want it to run low 12 or high 11s at the most. So what do yall think i should do
Old 08-16-2006, 02:35 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

My Dodge Intrepid is OK on gas. Its big and everything but I like it cause I can haul people around in it.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
musjustSuckbuyMopar

first of all it is just a mustang so you will never beat my civic hatch back with a roof scoop and racing wheels or my accord 4-wheel drive off road beast. second of all what kind of rims do you have? I would not get anything besides junkyard rims otherwise it will be like putting diamonds on a turd. third of all I would reccommend getting a JDM 2.2 Honda crate engine and putting it in your wannabe Mopar that would really make it kick the can. Thank you and remember dont restore em' junk em' cause they never hold there value. dO ANY mustangs ever sell for a Million like Hemi Cuda's I don't Freakin think so.

MOPAR
Old 08-16-2006, 02:52 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Your a f*ckin scum bag............... [:@] I wish people like you would just jump off cliffs.

Your prob not even old enough to drive.....
Old 08-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Twotone93stang
2nd Gear Member

Ok well i Can give u ur props that u like a hemi cuda. But put that peice up agianst a boss 429 and watch it get smoked. And you peice of **** honda proll runs 18s stock or slower. I have friends with hondas and they prolly have spent around 1500 2000 bucks to make there cars run 16.5 qms when i run proll mid 15s stock. SO u can take your little honda bull**** somewhere else cause they all suck
Old 08-16-2006, 03:18 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

first of all it is just a mustang so you will never beat my civic hatch back with a roof scoop and racing wheels or my accord 4-wheel drive off road beast. second of all what kind of rims do you have? I would not get anything besides junkyard rims otherwise it will be like putting diamonds on a turd. third of all I would reccommend getting a JDM 2.2 Honda crate engine and putting it in your wannabe Mopar that would really make it kick the can. Thank you and remember dont restore em' junk em' cause they never hold there value. dO ANY mustangs ever sell for a Million like Hemi Cuda's I don't Freakin think so.

MOPAR
First off...what dumb *** would pay 1,000,000 for the damn thing in the first place? Like your broke *** is ever going to come close to affording one anyways. Who gives a damn if it sells for 1Million+ anyhow? Just shows how f*ckin stupid and rich some people are.

And finding Mustangs for cheap is the point stupid ***. Why would you want to pay $20,000+ for something that you can get for $2,000 anyways?

Cause your a dumb ***** and likes to get done from behind and would rather pay a *** load for something just to say you payed an assload for it.

And a Hemi Cuda....ran low 13's stock. You make it seem like it was the God of cars or something. Slicks and open headers...maybe low 12's with a good driver. Thats pretty sad for a motor that had so much hype built up around it.

P.S...by the way....the 1993 Mustang Cobra R's with the 351W in it already hangs in the mid-$40,000 range and its barely over 10yrs old.

Hemi Cuda's were on used car lots when they were barely over 10yrs old.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:18 PM
cepowers18
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twotone93stang

So yall are saying i should build the stang up and then buy another car to be my daily driver. With yall sayin im not gonna get great gas mileage im either gonna only do a 331 stroker kit or just build the 302 block up because i only want it to run low 12 or high 11s at the most. So what do yall think i should do
Even if you do a 331 stroker with 4.10s, your gas mileage will suck. If you want a low 12 or high 11 second car, it probably shouldn't be your daily driver, and even if it was, I wouldn't expect to get more than 10-12 mpg. I would advise getting a daily driver and then fixing up your Mustang however you want.

I bought a 2004 Cavalier as my daily driver. Not exactly a beater, but a nice car and it gets at least 30 mpg. Still fixing up my Stang too