5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

SEROUIS ADVICE NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:13 PM
DaveAllred
2nd Gear Member

Default SEROUIS ADVICE NEEDED

Well finally starting to make a little more money and soon i should be comfortable enough to start slow and make my way up through modding the stang. Its kinda werid i've work on alot of stangs and had 4 or 5 myself but all that was just fixing what was broken and selling them to make my way up to what i drive now. Now i am face with options on Modding my 94 GT 5 speed, and i guess i keep switching what i want to do first and its like im a chicken running around with my head chopped off. Anyway in light of getting all of this to start my question is where do I begin safely. What types of parts should i use to start and what kinda of gains are my looking at. Ultimatly my goal being TWIN TURBO HP PERFORMANCE KIT, but i dont want my GAS mileage to go all to sh*t. So im not perfectly sure about gears. What type of cam would i be looking at ive heard the E is better for torque and thats what im going for. Heads,intakes,ignitions systems, anything small, or anythign big. The goal for me is to be able to do this pecice by pecie making my way to the twin set up. I dont want to have to put a bunch of parts in it and then change them when i run some boost through it. I know for what i want i will eventually have to rebuild the motor with some stronger internails but really what can i start off at now to give the starved 95 FIVE LITER (215HP) some *****. Any of your help is greatly apprecated.

CAR IS ALL STOCK

Also if you could include some price estimates on the parts and where i could find them that would be great. Thanks
Old 08-17-2006, 01:24 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SEROUIS ADVICE NEEDED

Well, just remember that a stock block can only hold 500rwhp. Click the sticky "tech articles" and than read first mods list. That should clear alot up for you and it gives you a nice place to start modding your Mustang.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:29 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

You can brace em up to handle more than 500hp though. AS for a cam youll get more noticable gains from a B303. Even though it has less lift. But a B303 with 1.72 rockers, will have almost as much lift as an E cam but have way more duration, which is what you want beacause stock ford heads dont flow all that great. So the longer you can keep the valve open the better.
-P.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:39 PM
DaveAllred
2nd Gear Member

TTT
Old 08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

1. gas milage is only effected if you stomp on it. normal driving mpg stays same.

2. BEWARE customer service at HP Turbo. the kit's are supposed to be great
but take 6-9months to arrive.

3. you can slap a turbo on stock motor and make 400rwhp
stock internals if they are in good condition are fine for that much power.

4. If you have heart set on turbo, I would start with chasis and transmission
and rear-end, then do a mild head cam install for turbo.

Turbo will make all the power the block can handle pretty much on its own
at 10psi and intercooled.

Also keep single Turbo kits in mind too, just as good as the twin setups

I woud then get a custom cam made for your specific parts and combo
to maximize the turbo set-up
Old 08-17-2006, 02:55 PM
DaveAllred
2nd Gear Member

Thats what im talking about............Thank you lets get some more of that
Old 08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

start with the freebie mods in the sticky section, move onto gears (3.55 for 5 spd), maybe get a short throw shifter and then beef up your suspension,( subframe connectors, control arms, k member, springs and struts), if your going with a turbo dont bother changing your exhaust or intake until you get the turbo kit, i would upgrade the braking system as well, you'll need to stop with all the power your turbo will make ( 4 wheel disc brakes slotted not drilled), after this i'd focus on the transmission and motor, rip her down get a new comp cam, twisted wedge heads, upper/lower intake, and then top her off with the turbo. Good Luck on your project.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:06 PM
DaveAllred
2nd Gear Member

thanks TTT, prices, places, brands
Old 08-17-2006, 05:23 PM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

Go with a beefed up 8.8 with some Moser axles and 3.73's the keep the gas mileage good.
A dart block to handle some real boost from a turbo.
Some Eagle H beam rods, forged pistons.
A stock crank will cut it, but have it magnafluxed. If your planning some serious hp, 650+ id go with a forged crank.
A Trick flow intake will work fine, but upgrade all your engine gaskets and i'd also run a little bit bigger oil pan to hold more oil for the turbo.
some AFR 225's would be perfect with a turbo and a custom cam.

A PA C4 tranny with a break. And your going to be mid-high 9's on that set up if your suspension is up to snuff.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:19 PM
DaveAllred
2nd Gear Member

TTT

Quick Reply: SEROUIS ADVICE NEEDED